Durbin sez Sorry

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050621/ap_on_...tanamo_durbin_3

As many of you know, I think what he said was not the most polished....

But.......oh well....

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH.

This just about guarentees that there will be nothing of substance

spoken about the matter for some time to come.

364401[/snapback]

I for one won't let it die.

And I'm sure others won't either.

I am new to the politics board here and so before I start I thought I would say hey. I consider myself a democrat and I can tell you that I am mad as hell at Durbin and I won't accept his apology. Other than throwing mud on an already slumping party, he insulted our troops in the worst way. I am a college student and my best friend had a full ride, but instead joined the army and is fighting now. I am sure most people on this board know someone in the military and know how I feel.

I am new to the politics board here and so before I start I thought I would say hey. I consider myself a democrat and I can tell you that I am mad as hell at Durbin and I won't accept his apology. Other than throwing mud on an already slumping party, he insulted our troops in the worst way. I am a college student and my best friend had a full ride, but instead joined the army and is fighting now. I am sure most people on this board know someone in the military and know how I feel.

364771[/snapback]

Well, if no one else will...welcome.

Mayor Daly even pressured him... Said Durbin was wrong. Daly's son just recently enlisted in the army.

I just think people are just way to sensitive.

First you got an insensitive statement. Then you gotta people whining and carrying on faster than you can say "Jane Fonda behind enemy anti-aircraft gun." Then you got the Sen. welling up and apologizing.

WTF? On both sides, we really are a bunch of crybabies, thin-skinned, reactionists in this country!

Waterworks sell.

Our we really that insecure? Our we really that fragile?

And I am not defending Durbin, what he did was insensitive.

Oh no, you won't let it die!  I'm sure that'll stop those evil dems.  :blink:

364649[/snapback]

Exactly. Average Americans need to be reminded of how traitorous the Democratic leadership is. Why? Because the Average American has a memory-span of about a week.

Exactly. Average Americans need to be reminded of how traitorous the Democratic leadership is. Why? Because the Average American has a memory-span of about a week.

365148[/snapback]

you think too highly of your fellow americans

DING! gotta go

365148[/snapback]

It seems you have a very low threshold for treason, Joe.