Sabes prospects reviewed on NHL.com

Kind of hit and miss......no mention of Derek Roy, Paul Gaustad, Jason Pominville, Pat Kaleta, Mark Mancari, Branislav Fabry, Artem Kryukov, Jakub Hulva, Maxim Sheviev, Michal Vondrka, Michal Valent, Andrej Sekera, Denis Denisov, Martin Cizek, Mike Card, John Adams, Calle Aslund, Thomas Morrow and Pavel Voroshnin.

and there may be one more..... :unsure:

I feel like Peter Griffin rattlin off all those crap shows that Fox cancelled. :angry:

I think they just focused on the high draft picks, not every guy on the team. but looks like your a amerks fan, so lets hear it?.

360731[/snapback]

I don't follow the Amerks very closely, but certainly Derek Roy will be with the Sabres, and obviously a very good chance that Ryan Miller will as well. And possibly better than 50-50 chance Gaustad lands with the big club. Doug Janik might have a shot as the 6th defenseman with Buffalo. Oh, and Vanek......dah.

:unsure:

Going back tot he cap question, i believe it's tied to total league revenues, not individual team revenues. Therefore, the same cap for detroit as for the penguins. Correct me if i'm wrong though. (i think i'm right... why would the nhl agree to a cap determined by individual team profits instead of league profits. it just wouldn't make sense that way).

As for the prospects, the way i see it is that there's going to be a lot of player movement in the NHL level and a huge amount of turnover in the next 2-3 seasons. You'll start to see a lot of call ups to replace these old players who want their payday, who will retire when this ~$35 cap comes into play.

Personally, i just hope the sabres resign zhitnik. After all, the dude's still a UFA.

Going back tot he cap question, i believe it's tied to total league revenues, not individual team revenues.  Therefore, the same cap for detroit as for the penguins.  Correct me if i'm wrong though.  (i think i'm right...  why would the nhl agree to a cap determined by individual team profits instead of league profits.  it just wouldn't make sense that way).

They'd do the individual caps because even though it still makes it harder for the smaller markets to compete, it prevents teams from losing money during the season. It would be great if the cap were tied to total revenues, but I doubt it will be.

Kind of hit and miss......no mention of Derek Roy, Paul Gaustad, Jason Pominville, Pat Kaleta, Mark Mancari, Branislav Fabry, Artem Kryukov, Jakub Hulva, Maxim Sheviev, Michal Vondrka, Michal Valent, Andrej Sekera, Denis Denisov, Martin Cizek, Mike Card, John Adams, Calle Aslund, Thomas Morrow and Pavel Voroshnin.

and there may be one more.....  :unsure:

I feel like Peter Griffin rattlin off all those crap shows that Fox cancelled.  :angry:

360722[/snapback]

Scratch Tom Morrow off that list. The word prospect doesn't fit him at all. He's terrible and will never be signed my this team. His first year at BU was bad, but his second was even worse. Next season, his junior year, he'll probably be benched for 75% of the games.

Personally, i just hope the sabres resign zhitnik.  After all, the dude's still a UFA.

360753[/snapback]

Yes! Definitely try to resign him. Alex still has a great hockey sense and a workhorse full of ice time. His presence is needed on the Sabres good but not great core of D-Men. They would be wise to get him back in the fold. Z takes dumb penalties from time to time but he sure knows how to move the puck.

Amerks and rookies i'm excited about include ROY, VANEK, POMINVILLE, MILLER, GAUSTAD, PAILLE, MACARTHUR and BARTOVIC. JIRI NOVOTNY at Center could be good too with time. So all in all, I'm real excited about the Sabres prospects coming up plus many of the guys they already have (BRIERE, HECHT, JP, DRURY, GRIER, KALININ, MAX)

There still are some ??? marks such as SATAN?? What about Ales Kotalik? Connoly? The need to sign a Defenseman Veteran. And the biggest one of all. The three headed goalie?? MILLER, BIRON and NORONEN. They need to get rid of someone and in my opinion it is Biron. His OCT and NOV boneheadedness really hurt our playoff hopes the last 2 years. Time to go.

Please get back on the ice soon because I can't stand another season of NBA, Bowling and Dart Tournaments. Thank you! :devil:

I don't think it's fair to say that Biron really hurt the teams playoff chances over the last two years. Simply put, the team wasn't good enough. The trade deadline deals last year were a big part of elevating the Sabres up to contender status.

One quick request for Darcy Regier, add another BU forward to the team so the Drury-Grier-_____, BU line can be complete.

I don't think it's fair to say that Biron really hurt the teams playoff chances over the last two years.  Simply put, the team wasn't good enough.  The trade deadline deals last year were a big part of elevating the Sabres up to contender status.

One quick request for Darcy Regier, add another BU forward to the team so the Drury-Grier-_____, BU line can be complete.

361211[/snapback]

I have to disagree with ya on Marty. His lack of early game preperation put the Sabres in a early hole and although the trades helped they wouldv'e made the playoffs over the NYI if they had those early season game pts. To his credit, he played very solid down the stretch and we just missed. I'm just saying that we need a guy to really play loud right away, steal games and get 2pts per, and Marty has not shown that in the last 3 years. I don't think BUF can afford another early sag. If you have a strong OCT/NOV, then DEC can see some slide and close out the year. I mean, I know you can't win every freakin game (because the schedule should lose about 10-12 games a season IMO) but "Get the lead out Biron.

However, I really like your BU line formation. I'm all for that. They could be a terror. Who do you have in mind for the third? I don't know many BU alum in the league off hand.

SEASON/05-06/START/PLEASE/HOCKEY!!

I'm not saying that Biron didn't hurt the team. He definately did, but it wasn't just him. The whole team sucked for a long time.

Random BU guys in the NHL or AHL right now:

Tony Amonte

Shawn Bates

Sean McEachern

Jay Pandolfo

Mike Pandolfo

Keith Tkachuk

Scott Young

I guess I can live with the two we have for now.

Scratch Tom Morrow off that list.  The word prospect doesn't fit him at all.  He's terrible and will never be signed my this team.  His first year at BU was bad, but his second was even worse.  Next season, his junior year, he'll probably be benched for 75% of the games.

361083[/snapback]

He had a monstrous 7 shots on net in 25 games......prolly the worst player on BU. A big, gigantic dope.

:doh::devil:

Ryan Miller seems a bit moody to be a chilly superstar. I love Biron as a backup who can start 25-30 games. If they can, I would go after a big name goalie who is on the downside of his career that can get you 50 starts and bring some playoff record, ala Belfour. If we can get one more D and keep Zhitnik, our forwards are very good and will improve. We have depth there that can be traded for that key G and D. If we can expand the salary load by 6-7 million, we can get it done and have a legit shot. The fans would come back with a name in net also. I am more optimistic about the Sabres season than the Bills.

He had a monstrous 7 shots on net in 25 games......prolly the worst player on BU.  A big, gigantic dope. 

;)  :(

361392[/snapback]

Shots on net aren't a good measurement for a defenseman. I'm more worried about his lack of physical play and the countless opposing forwards who skated right around him as he tripped over the blue line.

Ryan Miller seems a bit moody to be a chilly superstar. I love Biron as a backup who can start 25-30 games. If they can, I would go after a big name goalie who is on the downside of his career that can get you 50 starts and bring some playoff record, ala Belfour. If we can get one more D and keep Zhitnik, our forwards are very good and will improve. We have depth there that can be traded for that key G and D. If we can expand the salary load by 6-7 million, we can get it done and have a legit shot. The fans would come back with a name in net also. I am more optimistic about the Sabres season than the Bills.

361488[/snapback]

not gonna happen captain. we have alot of potential goalie talent in the system and you gotta let it play out to see wht it can do.

Biron is still the most reliable netminder the Sabres have. Miller hasn't proven he can step it up in the NHL. He has yet to make the transition from being a great AHL goalie to being a capable NHL one.

Noronen has been screwed over. I'll echo what Clements has told me many times. He has become the odd man out.

I wouldn't call Miller a prospect anymore either. He's been out of school for three years and has had time to develop.

Roy on the other hand already showed some promise with Buffalo last year.

Having a big goal scorer like Vanek (if he carries his play to the NHL) would go a long way to getting Buffalo back to the postseason.

There's almost no chance they'll re-sign Zhitnik. His asking price will be too much probably despite the cap.

P.S. The cap is going to be $38 million.