Any White Stripes fans?

I loved Songs for Silverman. I'm a huge Ben Folds fan. I saw him about a month ago at The Electric Factory in Philly, and I have tickets to see him in Atlantic City in August.

359085[/snapback]

He was in Buffalo last summer as part of that whole free concert on the steps of City Hall during 4th of July weekend with Ani DiFranco and the Goos. Really amazing...he's a master with the piano. For me, Songs for Silverman tops Rockin' the Suburbs (not by much) as far as his "solo" albums go.

Incidentally, isn't it really incredible how BF manages to spin any given thread into a petty argument between he and someone else? I'm so glad this doesn't happen at least once a day.

As I roll my eyes.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how the title to this thread is "any White Stripes fans?" and a bunch of people post "they suck". I am glad you think we actually give a sh-- what you think. The question was not posed to you. Music is subjective. If people enjoy it so be it. No need to be an elitist. Funny I never watch Lost or American Idol so I stay away from those threads instead of forcing my views upon others. Seems obvious enough to me. BTW the White Stripes kick ass IMO!

I love how the title to this thread is "any White Stripes fans?" and a bunch of people post "they suck".  I am glad you think we actually give a sh-- what you think.  The question was not posed to you.  Music is subjective.  If people enjoy it so be it.  No need to be an elitist.  Funny I never watch Lost or American Idol so I stay away from those threads instead of forcing my views upon others.  Seems obvious enough to me.  BTW the White Stripes kick ass IMO!

359905[/snapback]

Pete,

an acceptable answer to "Any White Stripe Fans?" is "No, they suck"

Sorry, but the post title is open for NO as well as YES

BTW, that cd i listened to sucked real bad, IMO

I love how the title to this thread is "any White Stripes fans?" and a bunch of people post "they suck".  I am glad you think we actually give a sh-- what you think.  The question was not posed to you.  Music is subjective.  If people enjoy it so be it.  No need to be an elitist.  Funny I never watch Lost or American Idol so I stay away from those threads instead of forcing my views upon others.  Seems obvious enough to me.  BTW the White Stripes kick ass IMO!

359905[/snapback]

Hi Pete.

If there were no conflict the world would be a much more boring place.

360182[/snapback]

So you're not just some argumentative nut who picks fights with people? You're actually a vital agent of chaos theory who helps give spice to life, making the world a better place?

Since it's your birthday, I will accept this. :blush:

So you're not just some argumentative nut who picks fights with people?  You're actually a vital agent of chaos theory who helps give spice to life, making the world a better place?

Since it's your birthday, I will accept this. :blush:

360206[/snapback]

I don't even like conflict to be honest with you, I just seem to find my way into arguments a lot more than most.

I'm like O.J, everyone wants a shot at me :D