Yuri Bezmenov: KGB Defector Was Absolutely Correct. The Long Game of Ideological Subversion.

On 4/16/2024 at 9:39 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

This Yuri Bezmenov guy, lately the late darling of the right-wing echosphere, was indeed remarkably prescient.

In the mid-1980s, he seems to have foreseen the total collapse of capitalism thanks to the efforts of his former employer, leaving the Soviet Union as the sole international superpower.

You do realize you are proving his point? The way the Russians kept the population under control is to make them respond as you just did. Your deflection because you don't like his completely true facts is to attack with unrelated information.

On 4/20/2024 at 8:24 PM, Orlando Tim said:

You do realize you are proving his point? The way the Russians kept the population under control is to make them respond as you just did. Your deflection because you don't like his completely true facts is to attack with unrelated information.

This was posted on 4/20, perhaps explaining why it makes no sense.

58 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This was posted on 4/20, perhaps explaining why it makes no sense.

Let me try a simpler way- you responded exactly as Yuri would have predicted a low information highly partisan person would respond. Instead of showing why he is wrong, you make an unrelated comment to make yourself feel better. 

3 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Let me try a simpler way- you responded exactly as Yuri would have predicted a low information highly partisan person would respond. Instead of showing why he is wrong, you make an unrelated comment to make yourself feel better. 

Allow me to explain. 

Apparently this Yuri believed that the Soviet Union had so poisoned the American mind that the ultimate success of the Soviet Union was inevitable.

Weirdly enough, less than a decade after some of these pronouncements, the Soviet Union was no more. An astonishing failure of a prediction somehow spun into a success. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Allow me to explain. 

Apparently this Yuri believed that the Soviet Union had so poisoned the American mind that the ultimate success of the Soviet Union was inevitable.

Weirdly enough, less than a decade after some of these pronouncements, the Soviet Union was no more. An astonishing failure of a prediction somehow spun into a success. 

Where did you read this about Yuri? I have only heard of him the past few months so maybe there is more to him then I know. Everything he discussed that I have read/saw does not predict the collapse of the USA, unless you are counting what he said before coming to the west.