What a Short Strange Farewell It's Been... They're Back!

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

As long as Bob can still do it some version of the Grateful Dead will always be around. But once he is gone then it will be tribute bands only. 

For all practical purposes, D&C is a GD tribute band. (And not even the best one, in my opinion.)

5 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

For all practical purposes, D&C is a GD tribute band. (And not even the best one, in my opinion.)

But at least D&C had some original members of the Dead in it. It was always Jerry and Bob as the main guys being the co-lead singers. Once Bob goes that will be the end of it. Phil is basically retired now. Bill has had health problems, so I don't if he is doing anything anymore. Has Mickey done anything after D&C. 

On 2/1/2024 at 9:15 AM, WhoTom said:

This is accurate. But...its still good to see the old man Weir up there and the double drums behind him. The shows are fun, its still a "Dead Show." Been to about ten of them. And Mayer rips. And....now that Jay Lane replaced Billy, the percussion DOESNT sound like a four year old banging on a fisher price kit. Sorry not sorry...Billy was donezo. Also..while Im on a bit of a rant...I got ZERO use for Oteil. Some of his solo singing is good. His rendition of Fire on the Mountain at Citifield last Summer melted my brain. But in general he plays with the enthusiasm of a 10 year old boy playing violin at his winter concert at Quohog Elementary. 

All that said, I aint going. No interest in Vegas, I just bought a pro-level road bike I have to pay for (Enve Melee, SRAM Red, SES wheels and kit w/power meter), and having to choose between tickets to see a Bills QB in his prime or seeing a band that was in its prime during the Reagan Administration, Im taking the former. 

Edited by RkFast

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.