THE ROCKPILE REVIEW – Reflections on the Conference Championship Games

Shaw66

21 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on McDermott.  You're willing to give him more years to get that break- thru Andy moment.  I'm not.  I just don't see defenses winning championships anymore with the way scoreboards are lighting up.  

Ravens, Chiefs, and 49ers were the top three scoring defenses this season.

31 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

All I know is in every playoff game, KC had less calls then their opponent. 🤔

Yet KC has had 3 TDs called back on penalties and another overturned by a review in the last 5 playoff games.  Nobody ever cares to bring that up, though.

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Yet KC has had 3 TDs called back on penalties and another overturned by a review in the last 5 playoff games.  Nobody ever cares to bring that up, though.

Doesn’t jive with the narrative. 

• Like (+1) 1

If u want to beat KC u must pressure mahomes.   Him with kelse will always find a way to find a crack in your D. 

Every game that mahomes lost in the post season was Due to heavy pressure and suddenly he looked ordinary.

I will say that I think that when Kelse retires its going to put a ***** in that offense.   You can have good offensive players

but no one quite does what he does.

I don't think we fully appreciate how great a coach Andy Reid is. We just dismiss the Chiefs as Mahomes, Kelce and a bunch of guys. He serious outcoached Harbaugh. I still cannot believe that Lamar didn't attempt a major run when that is such a huge part of his game. The Chiefs D line schooled the Ravens O line badly. I didn't see that coming. 

It felt like the Lions coasted coming into the second half. Still for their first playoff appearance since the Stafford years they have a great nucleus, especially on the LOS. They've gone as far as Goff can take them. He's a game manager, nothing more. I like a gambler in a coach like Campbell. It doesn't always work but neither does sitting on a lead and playing turtle. His leadership shows in the way the Lions play. Their front office deserves credit for some solid very drafts as well.

I agree about our DL rotation. We have quantity but no quality. We have no single player on defense that our opponent has to account for. Von Miller had Bradley Chubb and Aaron Donald to absorb some of the pressure on his previous Superbowl teams in Denver and LA. When he's the only threat he's no threat (unless you're his girlfriend :D).

I think McDermott got great performances out of our talent. We would be foolhardy to blow up the front office. The Bills and the Bengals are the only teams that can threaten the Chiefs. Having a great QB like Josh masks a lot of shortcomings that aren't apparent until you're up against a complete, elite team. I expect significant turnover on our roster next year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.