If we keep Brady, I’m not so sure wide receiver is going to be a top priority come April.

Beast

Joe Brady ran this offense the way I saw Tom Brady and the Patriots run their offense during the peak years of Brady and McDaniels.  

You attack the defenses weakness especially if it’s your strength.  Don’t force anything you aren’t good at.   

If the defense is strong vs the pass you run the ball - quick releases if the pass rush is elite.  

We faced the Jets Cowboys Chiefs twice and Miami in 5 of the last 8 games.  They are very good against the pass and in man coverage.  

I have no problem attacking the strengths if you have elite weapons to do it. 

That said - and this is the good news going forward - the plans worked and we beat all those teams until our D fell apart Sunday.

Yes we need weapons.  But more then anything else we need an OC that knows what he’s doing building a game plan, calling the game, and making in game adjustments.  

Hopefully Brady is that guy.  He looks like it to me.  

12 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I follow LSU football closely and this is not correct.  Brady was recruited by LSU to install and run an NFL passing attack.  My understanding is that he had been a quality control manager for Sean Payton and the Saints who loaned him out to LSU to do a seminar on building an effective passing game.  The Tigers were so impressed they offered him a job.  Ed Orgeron (LSU head coach) and the LSU OC recognized they had elite NFL talent in the passing game but worried they didn't have the expertise to fully exploit it. 

Brady installed that fearsome LSU passing attack and called all the pass plays on game day.  He sat next to the OC in the booth who called the running plays.  Brady's impact on that team was enormous and was the reason they won the national title in dominating fashion.  It was the most lethal passing attack ever seen in the history of college football.

Ensminger called 99% of the plays....Joe Brady called "situational red zone" snaps, polished the routes we ran, inserted a whole new language of pedal to the metal NFL terminology which Ensminger immediately adapted; the two completed each other...although the question "could the offense have exploded without Joe Brady?" needs to be addressed.

With or without Joe Brady, the 2019 offense was headed in the right direction, dropping 40+ points in the final 3 games, Mickey Joseph, Joe Burrow, Steve Ensminger, the receivers, Thaddeus Moss's return from injury, the emergence of Clyde Edwards-Helaire, James Cregg's offensive line becoming a titanic blockbusting force...all of these elements collided and aligned into the historic juggernaut we (including you Saban) will never forget....Joe Brady became the savvy, smart interior decorator who could show Ensminger and Joseph a thing or two about fashion sensibilities.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.