One score games

djp14150

Its interesting to see one score games and good and bad seasons explained.

over the past few seasons Vikings have bern known for many one score games. 2023 was no different  going 6-8. That's 14 out of 17 games.  That's not factoring in their QB rotation.

Tennessee also had a bunch of one score games going 5-7.

Denver 8-9 this year, had a bad season last year in one score games. This season, as with most teams, thry were near 500 going 5-4.

Buffalo went 6-6. All loses were 1 score . Baltimore also had all loses in one score losses going 4-4.

Dan Francisco went 1-3. Only Cincy game was a 2 score loss. They also had the fewest. Dallas went 3-2 in theirs.

Pittsburgh on the other hand went 9-2 , Philadelphia went 8-4.  This could signal a drop off next year. Houston went 7-3., Cleveland 6-2.

on the flip side…Charges went 3-8, Saints 3-6.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm letting my hopes get up again -- 36 years of being a Bills fan, you'd think I would have learned my lesson by now.  Why are my hopes up?  I feel like this is the most playoff ready team, mentally, Buffalo's had sine the 90's.  These guys are battle tested and have that swag.

5 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Its interesting to see one score games and good and bad seasons explained.

over the past few seasons Vikings have bern known for many one score games. 2023 was no different  going 6-8. That's 14 out of 17 games.  That's not factoring in their QB rotation.

Tennessee also had a bunch of one score games going 5-7.

Denver 8-9 this year, had a bad season last year in one score games. This season, as with most teams, thry were near 500 going 5-4.

Buffalo went 6-6. All loses were 1 score . Baltimore also had all loses in one score losses going 4-4.

Dan Francisco went 1-3. Only Cincy game was a 2 score loss. They also had the fewest. Dallas went 3-2 in theirs.

Pittsburgh on the other hand went 9-2 , Philadelphia went 8-4.  This could signal a drop off next year. Houston went 7-3., Cleveland 6-2.

on the flip side…Charges went 3-8, Saints 3-6.

Bills have not lost in the regular season by more than 6 points in over 2 years now going back to November of 2021 against Indy.  That is absolutely absurd. No other team is even close in terms of games being within 6 points in losses.

Edited by Big Turk

Another interesting stat continues…

Steelers and Rams both went 5-1 in division and made the playoffs.  Since 33 teams this is > 95% chance of playoffs if 5-2 in division. 

the % could be higher if they didn’t start with final week division games and have div winners rest starters and lose and end up not being 5-1.

only about 5 teams went 5-1 and missed playoffs  since this division format started.

The narrative at mid-season was that McDermott and his defense could not hold off an opponent late in the 4th quarter and could not close out a game.  I was on board with that narrative.  The Bills have won the last 3 games by stopping an opponent late in the 4th quarter, so the narrative has changed.  I'm very thankful for this development as they need to be able to win this way in the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.