(OT) Miami vs FSU

duey

I hate chris rix, hes the most worthlesds piece of trash i have ever seen...but seriously, he reminds me of rob johnson...teases you with a good play or 2, then turns to complete stevestojan...

me and the other 30,000 students here at FSU hate him, but bowden and the boosters love him, so he aint seein the bench anytime soon...

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: chris rix, and :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: miami

26576[/snapback]

And next week Chris will throw for 300 yards passing. I think he has the talent, it just doesn't click up in his head. But you're right, Chris is the golden boy. He can miss exams and park his SUV in all the handicap spaces he wants. What are they going to do to him?

How the hell did they blow this...WTF....16-10 Miami in OT...Disgusting.

26634[/snapback]

Neither of these teams is going to win the national championship and neither is as good as they think they are. College football must be in bad shape if these 2 are #5 and #6. Florida State is a shell of its old self, Miami is hanging on until they can reload a bit.

That being said, it was fun to read your updates Sweede and then see the "How did they blow this" quote.

RunTheBall

I was at the game last night. As a Hurricane fan, it was pretty depressing until the end when it became and "instant classic." The Orange Bowl was crazy.

Both defenses are amazing - especially UM's which lost FOUR first round picks. It is unbelievable how they are able to re-load each year..

As for Brock Berlin, he is the QB and gets most of the blame. Coming out of high school, he was rated the best or second best QB. He has lots of physical tools, but got beaten out by Grossman at UF because Grossman was able to grasp Spurrier's offense. He transferred to Miami.

He had a difficult time in a lot of games year last year. As the QB, he is the whipping boy for a lot of people -- just as DB is for a lot of people here. My view is that he is a pretty good QB but not as good as his reputation out of high school. His problems occur when the O line does not give him much protection -- which is a pretty common problem with QBs. Last night, the O line did not give him much time and did not open up many holes for the RBs. Moreover, Berlin operates much better in the shotgun (e.g., at the end of the game last night and the second half of the Gator game last year). Coker, however, does not like to use the shotgun that much.