No, No Mary Jane

But at least he seems to have an active imagination.  Of course, given that he can't discriminate between fiction and non-fiction...  :doh:

355268[/snapback]

someday you'll graduate from complete dependence on ad hominem attacks and actually have a point other than sophomoric humor

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Contrary, My little Head of Potato??

them ad hominem attacks keep getting more and more brutal :doh:

355504[/snapback]

A multi well at least bi- lingual insult. Such improvement!! Keep indicting yourself.

Indicting myself?  You're a wart.  Why would you expect me to take you seriously?

355829[/snapback]

What kind of wart? There are so many after all. My favorite is the scrafulous kind but a big dark one perched on my nose perhaps does have its allure. To be just a common wart does not suit me. Please, please make me a wart of some distinction.

I'm still coming across some interesting articles on this subject. Among them, a story linked by the Marijuana Policy Project (guess what they are in favor of) of a Dallas Morning News story of Oct 20, 1999 - Bush Backs States' Rights on Marijuana. Though he opposed medical marijuana use, he supported states' right to make their own decision (which is exactly what Justice O'Conner just said in her dissent).

Yet, when elected, President Bush had AG Ashcroft prosecute the war on drugs, which this latest Supreme Court case is a result of.

On the other hand, he nominated Janice Rogers Brown, who is definitely in favor of limited government, to a post that's often a stepping stone to the Supreme Court.

It's going to be interesting to see how the next couple SC vacancies get filled. It will certainly be easy to tell who's in favor of limited government, and who is not.

I'm still coming across some interesting articles on this subject. Among them, a story linked by the Marijuana Policy Project (guess what they are in favor of) of a Dallas Morning News story of Oct 20, 1999 - Bush Backs States' Rights on Marijuana. Though he opposed medical marijuana use, he supported states' right to make their own decision (which is exactly what Justice O'Conner just said in her dissent).

Yet, when elected, President Bush had AG Ashcroft prosecute the war on drugs, which this latest Supreme Court case is a result of.

On the other hand, he nominated Janice Rogers Brown, who is definitely in favor of limited government, to a post that's often a stepping stone to the Supreme Court.

It's going to be interesting to see how the next couple SC vacancies get filled. It will certainly be easy to tell who's in favor of limited government, and who is not.

356676[/snapback]

:doh: I'm shocked. No really I am.

Okay, I'm not. Part of the reason I liked Bush before 2000.

:doh: I'm shocked.  No really I am.

Okay, I'm not.  Part of the reason I liked Bush before 2000.

356682[/snapback]

That's funny, because I didn't. I only began supporting him after he was elected. Strange how that worked out, huh?

356676[/snapback]

Oh! Back to the topic. States Rights has been the bane of Liberal interpretation; Federalism has made Conservatives wary. Rehnquist is rumored to be stepping down at end of this term. Replacing him would be politically easy especially if Scalia takes helm. Scalia and a Scalia clone would not be difficult to get through the Senate. Dems will attempt to get their pound of flesh and come up 15 ozs short.

The real battle begins with Sandra Day O'Connor. She, emphasis she, is considered the swing vote. It is her seat over which the Dems will go to the wall. It will be interesting if Bush nominates Janice Rogers Brown for O'Connor. I can see Teddy Kennedy's jowls in full flare