Top 5 QBs

RuntheDamnBall

1) Manning (MVP last year folks, and had a pretty damn good game yesterday) Before last nights sack at the end, no one would leave him off a top 5 list.

2) McNair

3) McNabb

4) Tom Brady

5) Delhomme (if anyone else saw him throw a football last night from about 30 yards out into a trash can, you'd know why he made this list)... oh, that, and the whole SB thing.

26178[/snapback]

Kudos to you for having the stones to put Delhomme on the list. He's clutch, and the real deal.

This question can go so many different ways because as far as I see it there are 3 different ways to rate players.

1-How good they are in real life.

2-How good they are in fantasy football.

3-How good they are in madden.

And each list is unique.

I swear I think I'm the only person alive who thinks that for the last 5 years that Favre is grossly overrated.

26125[/snapback]

Nope, I think so too. the fact that he's considered an elite QB anymore is a joke. Great career, no doubt HOFer, but that's long gone.

The media has their darlings (Favre, Manning, Mcnabb, Vick), and no amount of choking or sucking will make them see the light.

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. McNair

4. Culpepper

5. Favre

Delhomme would be a very close 6th but I'd like to see hiim do the same another year.  Pennington, Hassleback, and Vick haven't done anything yet to be on this list.

26506[/snapback]

While I agree with Run the Damn Ball about Pennigton, I can't yet rank him amongst the elite.

I think all of them are very good, but what seperates the men from the boys is how they play above the neck. A year ago I would have put Manning at the top, but last season (and again last night) he has shown a propensity to become unravled at times. The announcers blabber on about all of his audiblizing at the line, and how hard he is on himself when he makes a mistake. Make no mistake, he is very talented, and his work ethic is great, but at some point he has to learn not to mope so much after a bad play. He makes one, it always seems to be followed by more from his teammates. I think Manning, and the Colts, play like they are a little too tightly wound sometimes. That being said, here is my top 5:

1- Brady (sorry, but this guy has done nothing but impress me more every time I see him play)

2- McNair (another guy with nerves of steel, on a team that seems snake bit by offensive injury)

3- Favre (maybe a dip below where he used to be, and maybe a little too in love with his arm for his own good, but still a damn fine QB, and a great leader. Something kind of underrated at times.

4- Manning (enough said)

5- Bledsoe (hey I am a Bills fan, I gotta right! I don't think he is as washed up as many are assuming. Cannot wait til Sunday!)

My Top 5

1) Manning

2) McNair

3) Brady

4) Culpepper

5) Tie - T. Green, and Pennington

Favre still has the rocket Arm, but he does make a lot of poor decisions (21 INT's in 2003. McNair had 7, Manning 10, Brady and Green 12). Those INT's will kill ya, and I think it subtracts from the great Plays only a guy like Favre can make. Favre would certainly be the next QB on the list though. Pennington is just SO solid when healthy. I think He's comparable to Brady in that he runs the Jets system almost flawlessly...

Interesting thing about this list I did not realize, Manning, McNair, and Green were Sacked a COMBINED 57 times. That's amazing to me. That's a combined 1489 Pass attempts, and a Sack every 26 attempts...Or...it's 7 more Sacks than Bledsoe suffered in 1018 more attempts...Simply amazing! And definitely an indication of what a quality O-Line, with quality Coaching is capable of... B)

Since it was not specified to past or present I would have to say (in my era):

1)  Steve Young

2)  Joe Montana

3) John Elway

4) Dan Marino

5) tie between Jim Kelly & Brett Favre

26563[/snapback]

Rayzer, that is awesome! I was going to make a comment in my posted list that if I could have one QB from the last 25 years, it would be Steve Young. I won't say that he is underrated (that is too cliche), but is way underappreciated. I know that Montana had more rings, but IMO, the 49'ers of Youngs' days were nowhere near as deep, talent wise. I almost posted, but I am human, and I felt like I had taken enough abuse on the wall today, for saying Brady was the best QB in the NFL right now.

Also, I would put Kelly and Favre before Marino. Elway and Montana I can agree with!