Gosh, could Amnesty International be biased??

Washington Times

The top leadership of Amnesty International USA, which unleashed a blistering attack last week on the Bush administration's handling of war detainees, contributed the maximum $2,000 to Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign.

Federal Election Commission records show that William F. Schulz, executive director of Amnesty USA, contributed $2,000 to Mr. Kerry's campaign last year. Mr. Schulz also has contributed $1,000 to the 2006 campaign of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat.

Also, Joe W. "Chip" Pitts III, board chairman of Amnesty International USA, gave the maximum $2,000 allowed by federal law to John Kerry for President. Mr. Pitts is a lawyer and entrepreneur who advises the American Civil Liberties Union.

I, for one, am SHOCKED! :lol:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washington Times

I, for one, am SHOCKED!  :lol:

349563[/snapback]

So because they contributed to the presidential campaign of the person that they felt would do a better job with human rights, that automatically makes them biased?

So, since I voted for John Kerry, I'm no longer registered a republican? :w00t:

Biased yes, but transparent. It is clear that they are against the death penalty, torture, detaining prisoners of conscience, etc.

Why should America be so thin-skinned when they skewer most nation-states

in their international report?

Let's stand with China and Burma to root out this bias? :lol:

So because they contributed to the presidential campaign of the person that they felt would do a better job with human rights, that automatically makes them biased?

So, since I voted for John Kerry, I'm no longer registered a republican?  :lol:

349570[/snapback]

No, you are. But you're also an idiot.

So, since I voted for John Kerry, I'm no longer registered a republican?  :doh:

349570[/snapback]

I thought we had been through this. You have some ideas bordering on sensible, why don't you follow them through?

Yeah but 49% of the country is by that criterion...

349764[/snapback]

i think you got your numbers flipped

its closer to 94%, and thats being generous :doh:

***EDIT*** oh, and i forgot to mention 2 things

Amnesty International = RJ

Amnesty International needs more cowbell

All the cowbell in the world wouldn't help them.

349953[/snapback]

I betcha Rush Limbaugh would take issue with that. They are still trying to save his fat ass from the humiliation of having his medical records released...in spite of the fact that he's a big fat idiot.

If preserving civil liberties is a bad thing, we're in a little more trouble than I thought.

I betcha Rush Limbaugh would take issue with that.  They are still trying to save his fat ass from the humiliation of having his medical records released...in spite of the fact that he's a big fat idiot.

If preserving civil liberties is a bad thing, we're in a little more trouble than I thought.

350069[/snapback]

AI is doing that? You sure you're not confusing them with the ACLU?

They are still trying to save his fat ass from the humiliation of having his medical records released...in spite of the fact that he's a big fat idiot.

350069[/snapback]

Funny, I've heard ten year olds say the same thing in the past. Nice work :)

You've fallin to a really new low........... :doh:

Come on people, this whole bru-haha is another example of what happens when the "liberal media" gets their hands on a story. What AI really said is that the Bush administration needs more cowbell!!! :D