Reich Vs Kosar...one time greatest comeback in NCAA football history

Buftex

Preseason football is like stems and seeds.  The Big 10 network is currently showing a replay of Frank Reich leading the Maryland Terps over Bernie Kosar's Miami Hurricanes, 1984, It was the biggest comeback in NCAA history, I believe, until 2006.  God game...much more entertaining than the presesaon games!

You know what I noticed re-watching, they never mention during the broadcast that it was the biggest comeback in NCAA history...like everyone was just caught up in the excitement of the game, and perhaps, technology wasn't as lightening fast back then, so they didn't know until after the game?

Either way, it was a fun watch.  I really liked Kosar, and it was fun seeing Reich being so mobile. Having only seen him in his NFL career, I always thought of him as a little more statuesque..  

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

You know what I noticed re-watching, they never mention during the broadcast that it was the biggest comeback in NCAA history...like everyone was just caught up in the excitement of the game, and perhaps, technology wasn't as lightening fast back then, so they didn't know until after the game?

Either way, it was a fun watch.  I really liked Kosar, and it was fun seeing Reich being so mobile. Having only seen him in his NFL career, I always thought of him as a little more statuesque..  

The bolded part is a great point.  Today, there is too much information being shared during the telecasts and so much that it distracts from simply enjoying the game on the field.  It really annoys me when nonsense stats are being created and shared:

"Did you know that Josh Allen in the only QB in NFL history to have 200 passing yards, more than 86 rushing yards, and no sacks in the third quarter of two straight games?"  Obviously, I made that up, but the point is that crap stats like that are a detriment to the enjoyment of the game.

Edited by msw2112

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.