The main reason why Trump lost?

Magox

Trump came close to winning the presidential elections and the Trump team contested and investigated if there was enough fraud that caused them to lose the elections and their team was not able to come up with anything and lost all their law suits.

Was there some fraud?  Sure, but there wasn't enough fraudulent votes that they could prove to overturn the results in any of the states.   Even their lawyers that they had at that time conceded that point.

The biggest reason aside from a deep hatred for Trump from half of the voting population was the CARES act that was signed into law during COVID.

The CARES act was the $2 Trillion boondoggle for the COVID response.  Inside that $2 Trillion over $400 Million was allocated to widespread mail in voting and ballot harvesting initiatives.   This helped create a massive advantage for Democrats because they embraced the Mail in Voting, meanwhile Trump discouraged it which put him at a disadvantage.

Principled righties like Thomas Massie saw right through it, too bad they didn't listen to him.

• Thank you (+1) 2

That very well could be but I don't think you get that many mail in votes for Biden if Trump handled the cornavirus messaging better as they seemed to lack a consistent strategy to sell to the public throughout the process.  Even though I thought his initial response to the outbreak and the Operation Warp Speed to create the vaccines deserved a lot of praise, there was a lot of mixed messaging during Covid that confused people and he came across to many as lacking empathy (a major reason suburban women showed up in large numbers for Biden compared to Hilary four years earlier).  

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That very well could be but I don't think you get that many mail in votes for Biden if Trump handled the cornavirus messaging better as they seemed to lack a consistent strategy to sell to the public throughout the process.  Even though I thought his initial response to the outbreak and the Operation Warp Speed to create the vaccines deserved a lot of praise, there was a lot of mixed messaging during Covid that confused people and he came across to many as lacking empathy (a major reason suburban women showed up in large numbers for Biden compared to Hilary four years earlier).  

the numbers prove that demo came out in 2020 like you stated.

I wonder how much of these current social movements that belittle womanhood to "Terf" status will affect that demo's voting in 2024.

Calling Womens rights groups, hate groups seem to be creating a wedge as well.

Edited by Chris farley

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

the numbers prove that demo came out in 2020 like you stated.

I wonder how much of these current social movements that belittle womanhood to "Terf" status will affect that demo's voting in 2024.

Calling Womens rights groups, hate groups seem to be creating a wedge as well.

I can't give a response to this until you explain further because I have no clue what you mean.  My best guess is dudes who think their females being allowed to participate in woman sports but I'm not sure.  The overturn of Roe vs. Wade pry has much more of an impact on the female vote in the 2024 election compared to the trans movement when it comes to social issues.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I can't give a response to this until you explain further because I have no clue what you mean.  My best guess is dudes who think their females being allowed to participate in woman sports but I'm not sure.  The overturn of Roe vs. Wade pry has much more of an impact on the female vote in the 2024 election compared to the trans movement when it comes to social issues.

Right now, there is this strange phenomenon where women that believe in protecting women are called TERFS by the folks that think anyone can be/become a woman.

Not talking about dudes.

I could see the states with very strict abortion laws having a high turnout.  that could definitely be a driver.  Like Texas. but then again in Texas things like energy and immigration are also high on the voters' minds.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/29/1166486046/poll-economy-inflation-transgender-rights-republicans-democrats-biden

Edited by Chris farley

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Without doubt Coronavirus was the big disruptor and the decisions and messaging that followed ultimately led to his defeat.    The problem with the messaging is he allowed Fauci to essentially run the Pandemic response for essentially the last year he was in office.   At Trump's core he wanted to keep things open because he knew a bad economy would be bad for his electoral prospects which is why he was so eager to spend all that money in the CARES act to try to juice the economy.

Trump should have never elevated Fauci so much during COVID.  By elevating him as much as he did the power and trust of many people including a lot of the soft righties deferred to Fauci.   Fauci as we know flip flopped on masks, was wrong about kids not being in school, contributed to the mass hysteria of COVID and made it very difficult for Trump.  

So what was Trump left with?

Lamenting over Fauci's poll numbers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1