Gabe Davis offseason

BillsDad51

34 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea it’s been bad…. Oddly enough Beane really prioritizes draft picks and mid tier FAs for depth and is stubborn with changing that approach…. And yet he sucks at signing mid tier FAs and is willing to burn early round draft picks on RBs. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.😅

I just keep hoping that Beane gets better.

I remind myself that Howie Roseman wasn't as good early in his GM career as he is now.    We can hope that Allen is buying McBeane time to learn from their mistakes and for their "growth mindset" to  get them to a point where they make more successful/efficient/wise decisions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

This… also feel McBeane(or maybe just Beane) get a little too conservative at times while prioritizing depth over starting stars(case in point is Hopkins). I fear they’ll blow Allen’s prime for this reason. Really thought they needed a big splash offensively this offseason to get them to the SB and they punted in favor of their own guys who haven’t proven they are up to the task.(yet)

I know that you're referring to something even more "big" than moving up in the 1st round to draft a potential top-10 offensive weapon who happens to be the size of a tight end. But they did the thing I'm pointing out, which may, possibly, have the influence of a Hopkins-like move. Be interesting to compare the DHop and DKinc numbers at season's end. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.