HR 1528

Thomas Site

"It shall be unlawful for any person who witnesses or learns of a violation of sections 416(b)(2), 417, 418, 419, 420, 424, or 426 to fail to report the offense to law enforcement officials within 24 hours of witnessing or learning of the violation and thereafter provide full assistance in the investigation, apprehension, and prosecution of the person violating paragraph (a).

`(b) Any person who violates subsection (a) of this section shall be sentenced to not less than two years or more than 10 years. If the person who witnesses or learns of the violation is the parent or guardian, or otherwise responsible for the care or supervision of the person under the age of 18 or the incompetent person, such person shall be sentenced to not less than three years or more than 20 years.'."

Ah, the US Government. Bringing the ridiculously expensive, draconian, and non-working Rockefeller laws to your community. At least they're winning the war against the Constitution. I'm shocked they're trying to pass it under the guise of "protecting the children." :D

Thomas Site

"It shall be unlawful for any person who witnesses or learns of a violation of sections 416(b)(2), 417, 418, 419, 420, 424, or 426 to fail to report the offense to law enforcement officials within 24 hours of witnessing or learning of the violation and thereafter provide full assistance in the investigation, apprehension, and prosecution of the person violating paragraph (a).

`(b) Any person who violates subsection (a) of this section shall be sentenced to not less than two years or more than 10 years. If the person who witnesses or learns of the violation is the parent or guardian, or otherwise responsible for the care or supervision of the person under the age of 18 or the incompetent person, such person shall be sentenced to not less than three years or more than 20 years.'."

Ah, the US Government.  Bringing the ridiculously expensive, draconian, and non-working Rockefeller laws to your community.  At least they're winning the war against the Constitution.  I'm shocked they're trying to pass it under the guise of "protecting the children." :D

348806[/snapback]

I hate lawyers. I mean, who writes this stuff?

I don't agree with the "sentencing guidelines" part; but, what is wrong with having a law that forbids parents (for one) from providing illegal drugs to children?

348911[/snapback]

Because that's currently legal now? :D

Slipperly slope, here we come. Take away a parent's right to corporally punish their children then put them in prison because the kids won't behave. More government is AWESOME.

What is wrong with having a law that forbids parents (for one) from providing illegal drugs to children?

350860[/snapback]

Nothing. But that isn't the entire scope of the law. Just having the stuff within certain perimeters over a certain amount is intent to distribute. So, if I have cancer and smoke pot for medicinal puposes, and I am picking my kid up at a video arcade the law gives feds the scope to lock me up if I am reading this correctly.

What is wrong with having a law that forbids parents (for one) from providing illegal drugs to children?

350860[/snapback]

Again, is that currently LEGAL? If you are a parent and you give your children cocaine, would you go to jail? Answer: Yes. :lol:

The new law would put YOU in jail if you found your kid's stash and flushed it down the toilet instead of turning him into the police. For a term not less than 3 years.

Hello?

Again, is that currently LEGAL?  If you are a parent and you give your children cocaine, would you go to jail?  Answer:  Yes.  :D

The new law would put YOU in jail if you found your kid's stash and flushed it down the toilet instead of turning him into the police.  For a term not less than 3 years.

Hello?

350961[/snapback]

...and up to 20. You'd get less time for flushing your kid down the toilet... :lol:

So now if I see someone lighting one on the street, I have to go tell the cops, or I go to jail?! What a program!

So now if I see someone lighting one on the street, I have to go tell the cops, or I go to jail?!  What a program!

Uh, now I really have incentive to get out of NYC!

This is insanity.

EDIT: This is so disturbing that I actually just wrote my Congressmen, something I almost never bother to do.

...and up to 20.  You'd get less time for flushing your kid down the toilet...  :lol:

So now if I see someone lighting one on the street, I have to go tell the cops, or I go to jail?!  What a program!

352909[/snapback]

That doesn't sound at all like Nazi Germany, does it?

Is not pot illegal? Just how many have terminal illnesses? Had I a terminal illness I would do pretty much do as I please. My lawyer is good enough to stall til my death. Save that obey the law and expect that you may outlive the consequences.