All this throwback stuff.

dib

The best years of our lives. I remember it like a week ago Sunday.

Entering the Best St. entrance at the old Rockpile was a thrill like no other. Hearing the introductions over the PA. The names echoed like a lineup of Gods...Sestak,Shaw,Kemp,Saimes,Byrd,Stratton,Day...Mini Max Anderson. :D

.. Gee our old LaSalle ran great.

Those.. were.. the... days !

Anything to make a buck in today's world. The fact that they get to make a buck wihtout an orginal thought is simply a bonus to a business since rather than paying additional salary to get someone with the brain and heart to create something new, they get to pay a lower wage for a worker merely with the intellect to run a Xerox machine.

Oh well, at least there is some usefulness as best as I can tell in introducing a new generation to a history back when things were "cool."

ah, but anytime they hire someone to do an original, they get crucified -- see, last uniform redesign

Anytime something is done not exactly how we want it done, we gripe and complain, cuz that what's we do.

Anything to make a buck in today's world. The fact that they get to make a buck wihtout an orginal thought is simply a bonus to a business since rather than paying additional salary to get someone with the brain and heart to create something new, they get to pay a lower wage for a worker merely with the intellect to run a Xerox machine.

Oh well, at least there is some usefulness as best as I can tell in introducing a new generation to a history back when things were "cool."

348735[/snapback]

Is that the shortest post you've ever written FFS?

ah, but anytime they hire someone to do an original, they get crucified -- see, last uniform redesign

Just look at the current ones. Awful. Must have been the same guy who designed the City Court building in downtown Buffalo.....lets see a windowless box sounds cool right???? :D

Just look at the current ones.  Awful.  Must have been the same guy who designed the City Court building in downtown Buffalo.....lets see a windowless box sounds cool right???? :D

348966[/snapback]

I was just responding to FFS's post about saving money by reworking old stuff. No matter how you do it, whether spending money or not, whether vintage or new, whether dynamic or static ... there will be those who love it ... there will be those who hate it (yes, I know, hate is a strong word :lol: ) and those who hate it will talk mercilessly about whatever change it is, until everyone else simply tunes them out.

I loved the old Bills colors. I love the new dark jersey, dark pants. I always hated the white on white (seems we lost more than our share wearing them -- so I call them the "Pansy Whites"). Everyone just needs to get over it -- they are the uniforms.

Standing Buffalo, Charging Buffalo ... everyone has a favorite. White helmets, red helmets ... everyone has a favorite. Again, they are part of the uniform. Support the team, not the uniform. Don't like the current ones? Search ebay for an old one. Don't buy a new one. Like the new ones? Buy one.

I do agree that we should find a place on the unis for a logo -- sick of people wondering about my jersey, if it is a Gints jersey. But, if we don't have a logo on the jersey ... it's OK. It's still MY Bills jersey. And they are MY team.

Everyone just needs to get over it -- they are the uniforms.

Easy, its just an opinion.

Support the team, not the uniform.

I do. You'll see I only wear the old jersey if you click on my "name".

I just wanted to get a Willis jersey (Big Cane fan) and won't buy the new ones.

Easy, its just an opinion.

349206[/snapback]

I hear ya. It's just the opinions are stated in such a way that if you don't agree you sound like a spaz.

I'm all for opinions. It just seems that our unis are a topic for discussion more than necessary. I know it's the offseason, but they came up very regularly during the season, too. We've had 'em three seasons now. We're not going back to the 90s era ones any time soon. Love 'em or hate 'em, they're our team's unis. Deal with it. :lol:

It just seems that our unis are a topic for discussion more than necessary. I know it's the offseason, but they came up very regularly during the season, too. We've had 'em three seasons now. We're not going back to the 90s era ones any time soon. Love 'em or hate 'em, they're our team's unis. Deal with it. 

Its just my opinion, obviously shared by enough people, that the redesign was a flop. The unis are not good, hence the reason why the topic keeps coming up. Some like them, well OK. An opinion.

We probably will change from these at some point. Hence the reason why the immediate change (as soon as league rules allowed) to throwback unis. The Jest and Gints did throwbacks and their fans loved them so much they made the unis permanent. I could see that happening with us as well.

The Jest and Gints did throwbacks and their fans loved them so much they made the unis permanent.  I could see that happening with us as well.

349621[/snapback]

I can't believe the Chargers don't return to those powder blue uniforms and yellow bolt helmets from the AFL days. Those uniforms were so wildly popular .

Its just my opinion, obviously shared by enough people, that the redesign was a flop.  The unis are not good, hence the reason why the topic keeps coming up.  Some like them, well OK.  An opinion.

349621[/snapback]

Agreed. Instead of bringing us into the 21st century, it made us all nostalgic for the past. The current uniforms aren't bold enough to be unique and they aren't classic enough to tie us to the past. Basically they tried to do both things and ended up succeeding at neither.

Our uniforms have too many colors and are just plain too busy.

I would have liked to return to the standing buffalo on the helmet, with the charging one as maybe a sleeve logo. That would have been pretty cool.

Well, I guess we'll see what happens, but it would not suprise me at all if we used the throwback as the basis for a permanent uni change, consigning the current version to the scrap heap of historical failures along with New Coke, The Pontiac Aztec and the Houston Astros clown jerseys from the early to mid 1980s.