Individual Thinking Within the RNC, DNC, Green Party, etc.

Irv

I've never been involved in any form of politics.  Can anyone answer this question?  Does the DNC, RNC, Green Party etc. have people at the top who make policy, communicate it down through the ranks and all members of the party are expected to vote in line with the policies that are set?  And, do these policies get pushed down all the way to the local counties and towns?  A good example is bail reform.  Did that policy get approved by the higher-ups in the DNC and all levels of government are told to get in line?

I know there are some rebels like Manchin and Cheney who buck/have bucked the party but is seems like most, always vote along the party line?  Are these politicians allowed any opportunities to vote with their own thoughts without repercussion?

Edited by Irv

You can vote against the party and two things will happen..

They will attempt to bribe you with positions, political favors etc..

And / Or

They will withhold party funding and primary you. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You can vote against the party and two things will happen..

They will attempt to bribe you with positions, political favors etc..

And / Or

They will withhold party funding and primary you. 

Thanks!  Who makes policy?  Does that get pushed down to the local level?  

Like most political organizations I’ve witnessed directly in the corporate world, I assume there are a handful of people with the real power directing decisions downward that either have money, influence, mindshare or ability to create money inflows that make the minions fall into line. 

I also believe it is rarely obvious who those with actual hands on the levers of power are from the outside. 

• Irv changed the title to Individual Thinking Within the RNC, DNC, Green Party, etc.