The Trial of Donald J Trump -- Just trial info here

Just now, SectionC3 said:

You need to find an 1860s dictionary. Your opinion of the meaning of insurrection has no bearing on this issue. 

There were no weapons, there was no rebellion, no revolt, it was a protest. Insurrection is a rebellion. 

This can be debated ad nauseum, and it will be. 

You know how lawyers like to argue, I mean, you are one, right? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TSOL said:

There were no weapons, there was no rebellion, no revolt, it was a protest. Insurrection is a rebellion. 

This can be debated ad nauseum, and it will be. 

You know how lawyers like to argue, I mean, you are one, right? 

Got your 1860s dictionary yet?  Therein lies the answer.  The drafters didn’t like the rebels.  And I’m going to guess that the language used in the 14A will cover the folks who importuned “hang Mike Pence” and didn’t want to call off rioters trying to disrupt the electoral college against a backdrop of making bogus allegations about the election result.  But we’ll see when you get ahold of that dusty dictionary.  Rest assured, others will. 

Got your 1860s dictionary yet?  Therein lies the answer.  The drafters didn’t like the rebels.  And I’m going to guess that the language used in the 14A will cover the folks who importuned “hang Mike Pence” and didn’t want to call off rioters trying to disrupt the electoral college against a backdrop of making bogus allegations about the election result.  But we’ll see when you get ahold of that dusty dictionary.  Rest assured, others will. 

Dodge duck dive dip and dodge 

The 5 "D's" of dodgeball

You rock C-section, stay true to yourself my man 😀 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

And, I’ll add, the roots of the 14A probably lie on the insurrection act of I believe 1807, which was used in large part against slaves.  So that military claim you made - as bogus as trumps fake elector scheme. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

And, I’ll add, the roots of the 14A probably lie on the insurrection act of I believe 1807, which was used in large part against slaves.  So that military claim you made - as bogus as trumps fake elector scheme. 

That is up for higher powers than you and I to decide. 

Just now, TSOL said:

Dodge duck dive dip and dodge 

The 5 "D's" of dodgeball

You rock C-section, stay true to yourself my man 😀 

You obviously are clueless and beyond your depth, but I’ll still explain the import of the 1860s dictionary even though trying to educate you is like trying to teach a chicken about gravity.  Courts of law will define “insurrection” in that amendment in the context of the time the amendment was drafted.  So your opinion, which is generally useless anyways, is especially useless here.  The best evidence of the meaning the drafters accorded that word lies in the debates with respect to that amendment and — you guessed it — a contemporary dictionary. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, TSOL said:

⬆️

This guy knows what he's talking about, he took a civics class 

Yup.  Maybe you can go to one of those community Ed programs and take such a class yourself.  Maybe then you’d know what you’re talking about, or at least have a better understanding of the depth of your cluelessness. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1

Yup.  Maybe you can go to one of those community Ed programs and take such a class yourself.  Maybe then you’d know what you’re talking about, or at least have a better understanding of the depth of your cluelessness. 

Language matters my friend all the community college in the world doesn't qualify you to redefine words