Tom Delay vs Law & Order

Oh man, here's the original story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050527/en_nm/media_nbc_delay_dc

Basically, DeLay's mad about Law & Order mentioning his problems on an episode of Criminal Intent last night.

Dick Wolf said to DeLay in reply: "I ... congratulate Congressman DeLay for switching the spotlight from his own problems to an episode of a TV show."

Hahahahaha. Owned.

"This manipulation of my name and trivialization of the sensitive issue of judicial security represents a reckless disregard for the suffering initiated by recent tragedies and a great disservice to public discourse."

The Texas Republican went on to suggest the "slur" against him was intended as a jab at comments he had made about "the need for Congress to closely monitor the federal judiciary."

Uh...yeah...whatever...friggin' lunatic. Get over yourself already, Delay. :lol::P

Here is the part that got him mad:

DeLay's name surfaced on Wednesday night on the show's season finale, which centered on the fictional slayings of two judges by suspected right-wing extremists.

In the episode, police are frustrated by a lack of clues, leading one officer to quip, "Maybe we should put out an APB (all-points-bulletin) for somebody in a Tom DeLay T-shirt."

If they used your name in this manner, you'd be P.O.'d too.

Here is the part that got him mad:

DeLay's name surfaced on Wednesday night on the show's season finale, which centered on the fictional slayings of two judges by suspected right-wing extremists.

In the episode, police are frustrated by a lack of clues, leading one officer to quip, "Maybe we should put out an APB (all-points-bulletin) for somebody in a Tom DeLay T-shirt."

346904[/snapback]

He brought it on himself really...

Why would I be mad exactly?

Well, I guess the reason why I would be mad is because I'm not exactly "right wing", but if I was, tell me again why I would be mad?

It was a pretty funny thing for them to say, and DeLay is one of the right wing heros.

346904[/snapback]

Not if I was the one who claimed that judges should look over their shoulder for ruling against issues I was championing.

You live here in Austin with me, surely you know the legendary status of Tom DeLay outside of the crazy Austin liberals.

346970[/snapback]

Now now now, you shouldn't be picking on the guy. It's not his fault he sustained all that brain damage from huffing insecticides all those years....

Given the bugmen I had to deal with during 10 years in Dallas, DeLay is not that unusual.

Law and Order habitually goes after wingnuts so why the fuss. In particular a continual butt of their jokes is the state of Texas. That's been going on at least as far back as Angie Harmon...perhaps because she's from Texas...

Now now now, you shouldn't be picking on the guy. It's not his fault he sustained all that brain damage from huffing insecticides all those years....

Given the bugmen I had to deal with during 10 years in Dallas, DeLay is not that unusual.

Law and Order habitually goes after wingnuts so why the fuss.  In particular a continual butt of their jokes is the state of Texas.  That's been going on at least as far back as Angie Harmon...perhaps because she's from Texas...

347216[/snapback]

As I recall, either Angie Harmon's character or the ADA before her was from Texas, too.

As I recall, either Angie Harmon's character or the ADA before her was from Texas, too.

347226[/snapback]

And you are correct. They are both from Texas. My poor husband had the hots for Angie really bad, and it just about killed him when she married Jason Sehorn (because he played for the Giants) and they both moved back to Dallas. So close...but so far...every now and then I like to torture him with that.