This burns me up...

Let me get this straight, some Sunni Muslim NUTCASE blows himself and 60 other muslims in Pakistan up and THIS is the reaction in the crowd:

From MSNBC:

Shiite worshippers, weeping and moaning, beat their chests in grief. Some clashed with police after officers charged the crowd with their batons to clear the way for ambulances.

Many also chanted, “Down with America!”

I hate that entire swath of humanity. Nothing good will ever come out of it.

346302[/snapback]

:huh: That must stem from a bigoted perspective because it certainly doesn't stem from a historical one.

:huh: That must stem from a bigoted perspective because it certainly doesn't stem from a historical one.

346366[/snapback]

Oh? When's the last time the Islamic world contributed anything of positive worth to humanity?

The 12th century?

What leap of logic led those idiots to believe that America was somehow responsible for ONE OF THEIR OWN blowing them up? Their culture hqs been developmentally retarded by the very religion that allowed it to flourish 800 years ago.

Let me get this straight, some Sunni Muslim NUTCASE blows himself and 60 other muslims in Pakistan up and THIS is the reaction in the crowd:

From MSNBC:

346302[/snapback]

You shouldn't hate....

Oh? When's the last time the Islamic world contributed anything of positive worth to humanity?

The 12th century?

What leap of logic led those idiots to believe that America was somehow responsible for ONE OF THEIR OWN blowing them up? Their culture hqs been developmentally retarded by the very religion that allowed it to flourish 800 years ago.

346369[/snapback]

Cat Stevens man, Cat Stevens.

From MSNBC:

Shiite worshippers, weeping and moaning, beat their chests in grief. Some clashed with police after officers charged the crowd with their batons to clear the way for ambulances.

Many also chanted, “Down with America!”

346302[/snapback]

Look at it this way - it's just about as intelligent as Patriots/Red Sox fans chanting "Yankees suck!!" at a Bills-Pats game. It's just what they DO.

:shrugs:

The 12th century?

346369[/snapback]

Theer are good muslims, and there are bad americans........a person's religion does not determine their worth.

• 2 weeks later...

From MSNBC:

346302[/snapback]

If someone here is a history buff - please straighten this out for me - but weren't the kurds, shiites and sunis three different sets of people before britain redrew some middle eastern maps years ago? these folks will never get along. sadam (a suni) held up his people at the expense of the other groups - the fact that they all happen to be muslim is inconsequential - they HATE each other and will continue to hate each other for the rest of time - we will NEVER change that.

The 12th century?

346369[/snapback]

maybe because we toppled their government and their security forces perhaps? this is what happens when you meddle where you have no business in a part of the world that is a friggin' tender box - it won't get any better until the last one is gone! we should have predicted this - it is a volatile place.

maybe because we toppled their government and their security forces perhaps?  this is what happens when you meddle where you have no business in a part of the world that is a friggin' tender box - it won't get any better until the last one is gone!  we should have predicted this - it is a volatile place.

351344[/snapback]

News flash: this happened in PAKISTAN. We didn't topple anything there.

The 12th century?

346369[/snapback]

The exact same idiotic leap of logic that causes someone to take a sentence from stupid MSNBC article and use it to condemn an entire region of people.

The exact same idiotic leap of logic that causes someone to take a sentence from stupid MSNBC article and use it to condemn an entire region of people.

351846[/snapback]

What has the Islamic world done as of late to repudiate their image as one of a hotbed of Anti-Americanism?

Nice sites, and good reads all around. I do not doubt our soldiers are performing with the utmost civility and professionalism. And I also don't doubt that there are a good number of Iraqis that are happy to have us there.

HOWEVER, I think there's been a serious lack of broad support among Iraqis to root out and eliminate the "resistance" terrorists within their own communities. When that happens, I'll believe that they are serious about their own freedoms.

Nice sites, and good reads all around. I do not doubt our soldiers are performing with the utmost civility and professionalism. And I also don't doubt that there are a good number of Iraqis that are happy to have us there.

HOWEVER, I think there's been a serious lack of broad support among Iraqis to root out and eliminate the "resistance" terrorists within their own communities. When that happens, I'll believe that they are serious about their own freedoms.

351951[/snapback]

That's where the "insurgency" is having the most effect. Many of them would, but they don't feel like seeing their families gunned down for doing so.