Nerdy Salary Cap Thread

BrooklynBills

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Restructuring Von's contract is a risk no matter what anyone says.  We will see what Beane thinks about it.

If anything, his would be the last to get restructured IMO.

The 2024 Salary Cap issue will be a tougher one than this year if all these moves are made.

The Bills will have 35 million in cap space for 2024 if they just do the Von and Josh restructures and cut Hines, Neal, and McKenzie.  They can get to $57 mil by restructuring Diggs and cutting Morse (assuming they don't do that this offseason). That's also with Allen playing on a $47 MIL cap number and having Milano and Dawkins in the final years of their contracts (they will either be cut or extended - either choice saves money of the 2024 cap). Dawson Knox has a contract that can be restructured as well.

Not sure what 2024 Cap issue you are referring to specifically.

34 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

The Bills will have 35 million in cap space for 2024 if they just do the Von and Josh restructures and cut Hines, Neal, and McKenzie.  They can get to $57 mil by restructuring Diggs and cutting Morse (assuming they don't do that this offseason). That's also with Allen playing on a $47 MIL cap number and having Milano and Dawkins in the final years of their contracts (they will either be cut or extended - either choice saves money of the 2024 cap). Dawson Knox has a contract that can be restructured as well.

Not sure what 2024 Cap issue you are referring to specifically.

Let me say I do agree with some of the moves you stated in your OP.  You bring up some good points to free up cap space and

I think Beane will do most of them.  I will state again that the Von Miller move is very risky.  You can deny that, but I will stick

with my view.  All this "freed up cap space" means these players all have to be replaced.  Until I see who and at what price these

moves are, talking about how easy 2024 cap situation is going to be is moot.  

Beane has to field a team in 2023 and 2024.  Drafting this year will be critical.  Getting some cheaper FAs that perform will also be huge.

I will say that when the dust settles at the start of the season this September the 2024 cap situation will look no better (and a good chance

worse) than the situation is this year.

1 hour ago, khlax3 said:

The bills will only need 2-2.5 million to sign their rookies. They currently have picks in the following rounds with the following cap hits below. That totals around 6.7 million however each one of those 6 picks will knock off a bottom level contract from the roster which would wipe out about 4.5 million of the 6.7 above.

1st round- $2.3 million cap hit (minus 745k min player) = $1.55 M

2nd round- $1.1 million cap hit (minus 745k min player) = $355k

3rd round- $950k cap hit (minus 745k min player) = $205k

4th round- $850k cap hit (minus 745k min player) = $105k

5th  round- $745k cap hit (minus 745k min player) = $0k

5th  round- $745k cap hit (minus 745k min player) = $0k

ty that is interesting, as many forget, as did i, that signing a draftee knocks a contract off the back end of roster.

for those same reasons cutting someone at 2 mill salary does not save much as his replacement could be over half that number or more even anyway. Of course, signing a vet gives a vet reduction in sal cap hit that NFL implemented years ago as mid level vets were getting cut for draftees and not for skill but due to cost.

Morse isn't being cut, zero chance

We've seen the offense without him under center, it's ugly

He's probably in that top-10 center area, not far out of it if he isn't top-10 in your eyes

I can see him being extended to reduce the cap hit

Hynes, the cap hit it fairly high for the role he's played, he won't get that on open market, not with this class of FA RB's...extending and reducing cap hits is probably going to be on the table, kick/punt returner are priorities for this staff, paid Andre Roberts $3m per just to do it...Hynes is more dynamic at it and more likely to add to the offense

Oliver trade is possible, but not likely, he's more apt to be extended and cap hit reduced - he may not be playing to his draft status, but he's still a starting caliber DT in this league, he's not going to be given away for pennies on the dollar when you would just need to replace him with equal or higher priced player

McKenzie should get cut based on usage and performance this past year

Siran Neal - he's not getting cut, team values special teams players, with Kumerow and Matkevich already most likely gone and possibly Jones, not removing another key piece from this units

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.