Believe in Conspiracy Theory against Bills?

So, you don't believe in a league wide conspiracy to keep the small-market Bills down?

Try this fact on for size: THIS SEASON the Bills play a team coming off a bye three times despite playing a game themselves the week before. I looked it up, and NO OTHER team has this anomaly occur more than once!!!!

Can this be a freak coincidence? No, not when I looked it up from the year before and it happened twice then too. So, five times in the last two years? No other team had this happen to them more than three times over the last two years!!

Read it and weep:

WEEK 5 - Sunday Oct. 9 - Miami at Buffalo (Miami takes a bye in week 4, Bills play at New Orleans)

WEEK 8 - Sunday Night Oct. 30 - Buffalo AT New England (Pats bye in week 7, Bills played AT Oakland the week before! So, we play AT N.E. on a Sunday night, they take a bye the week before and rest, and we go all the way out west, and second week in a row on the road. Nice scheduling by the league. We get reemed.)

WEEK 11 - Sunday Nov. 20 - Buffalo AT San Diego (San Diego byes in week 10, and we play home against K.C. in week 10. Again, we are on the road to a team coming off a bye when we played the week before, and it is ALL the way to the west coast. This is totally ridiculous)

You don't believe this? Look it up for yourselves. NO other team has to play teams coming off byes when they played the previous week as much as the Bills. I haven't seen another team that this happens more than once to! Factor in that two of these are on the road, and I'd say we've got a story here. It should come as no surprise to us. When you've got a 9-7 team that gets less national televised exposure than stink pots like the Cowboys, Raiders, Redskins, Chiefs, Giants. . . you know that something sour is going on.

I felt it was my duty to report the painful truth here. I don't like it anymore than you all should.

So, you don't believe in a league wide conspiracy to keep the small-market Bills down?

Try this fact on for size: THIS SEASON the Bills play a team coming off a bye three times despite playing a game themselves the week before. I looked it up, and NO OTHER team has this anomaly occur more than once!!!!

Can this be a freak coincidence? No, not when I looked it up from the year before and it happened twice then too. So, five times in the last two years? No other team had this happen to them more than three times over the last two years!!

Read it and weep:

WEEK 5 - Sunday Oct. 9 - Miami at Buffalo (Miami takes a bye in week 4, Bills play at New Orleans)

WEEK 8 - Sunday Night Oct. 30 - Buffalo AT New England (Pats bye in week 7, Bills played AT Oakland the week before! So, we play AT N.E. on a Sunday night, they take a bye the week before and rest, and we go all the way out west, and second week in a row on the road. Nice scheduling by the league. We get reemed.)

WEEK 11 - Sunday Nov. 20 - Buffalo AT San Diego (San Diego byes in week 10, and we play home against K.C. in week 10. Again, we are on the road to a team coming off a bye when we played the week before, and it is ALL the way to the west coast. This is totally ridiculous)

You don't believe this? Look it up for yourselves. NO other team has to play teams coming off byes when they played the previous week as much as the Bills. I haven't seen another team that this happens more than once to! Factor in that two of these are on the road, and I'd say we've got a story here. It should come as no surprise to us. When you've got a 9-7 team that gets less national televised exposure than stink pots like the Cowboys, Raiders, Redskins, Chiefs, Giants. . . you know that something sour is going on.

I felt it was my duty to report the painful truth here. I don't like it anymore than you all should.

342033[/snapback]

season hasn't even started and we already have to listen to excuses......

bottom line -- the boys just need to win this year

season hasn't even started and we already have to listen to excuses......

bottom line -- the boys just need to win this year

342036[/snapback]

It's not an excuse. . . it is simply a fact of the schedule. I'm not saying they can't still have a good season, but a completely even playing field? No it is not. And it isn't coincidental.

I guess that the jokes will stop when we lose these games. Don't say I didn't warn you all it was coming. We will probably beat the Dolphins at home (but not a given), but winning at San Diego and New England with them coming off byes at home? . . . fuggetaboudit

Also, what ever happened to Bills fans being amongst the most knowledgeable?

I guess that the jokes will stop when we lose these games. Don't say I didn't warn you all it was coming. We will probably beat the Dolphins at home (but not a given), but winning at San Diego and New England with them coming off byes at home? . . . fuggetaboudit

342059[/snapback]

And what do we all get for complaining about it? Not like we, the fans, can change the schedule now, can we? Does it suck that these teams get the breaks that we dont? Sure...but we've been hearing these excuses for years now.

There is only one way to be. We will go 16 - 0. If you say anything different you will be ridiculed. This attitude helps people who find it too painful to think for themselves. It's a world of conformity .. conform or be ignored or mocked.

Say some thing now, you're too early.

Say something when the season starts, too early to tell.

Say something at mid season, nothing can be done about it now.

Say something at the end of the season, we'll fix it in the off-season.

Tell people nothing is happening in the off-season (again) you still can't win.

These folks will drive a car cross-country with one flat tire because to admit one tire went flat would admit something is wrong with the car. There can't be anything wrong with the car, because the owner would have to first think and then fix it. If you don't like the car with a flat tire, become a Dolfins fan. Get it?

As for the conspiracy. There are no conspiracies. Just ask anyone with their head in the sand. They won't see any. The Bills will stay in the shadows until Wilson meets his maker.

Have a nice day ~

The Thread Killer ... Surf

There is only one way to be.  We will go 16 - 0.  If you say anything different you will be ridiculed.  This attitude helps people who find it too painful to think for themselves.  It's a world of conformity .. conform or be ignored or mocked.

Say some thing now, you're too early.

Say something when the season starts, too early to tell.

Say something at mid season, nothing can be done about it now.

Say something at the end of the season, we'll fix it in the off-season.

Tell people nothing is happening in the off-season (again) you still can't win.

These folks will drive a car cross-country with one flat tire because to admit one tire went flat would admit something is wrong with the car.  There can't be anything wrong with the car, because the owner would have to first think and then fix it.  If you don't like the car with a flat tire, become a Dolfins fan.  Get it?

As for the conspiracy.  There are no conspiracies.  Just ask anyone with their head in the sand.  They won't see any.  The Bills will stay in the shadows until Wilson meets his maker.

Have a nice day ~

The Thread Killer ... Surf

342070[/snapback]

That is the best post on here to describe the board regulars. Bring up the chance that negative things could happen, and everyone acts like you swore at god.

6-10 regardless of any scandals or conspiracies. The only real B.S call of substance in Buffalo was 'No Goal'. Aside from that, it's all a crap shoot.

T_R

I've noticed before that Buffalo's schedule has them playing a higher than average number of teams coming off byes year after year (the average being one). No only that but is some years the team Buffalo plays after it's bye has been coming off a bye too, thus negating any potential advantage Buffalo might have had.

It depends if you think the glass is half empty or half full. Some coaches like play a team coming off the bye because they are a bit more relaxed and not as crisp. Other coaches don't because they feel the other players are more rested.

I don't post often but I get a kick out of the conspiracy theories.

No way I believe the NFL conspires to keep the Bills down but I do think it's kinda cheap that the schedule makers don't try harder to make sure a team doesn't have to face opponents coming off a bye more than once a season.

Does anyone have any won/loss stats on teams coming off the bye week?

Guest BackInDaDay

Questions you need answers to before playing "the man is keeping us down" card...

Are the teams who receive an added week to prepare for the Bills large market teams?

Overall, how are the large market teams doing on the field?

In Parcells' first year w/ Dallas, they also played 3 teams coming off byes. Obviously they had a decent season compared to last year.

The week after the bye hasn't shown to be any advantage for a lot of teams recently, either.

Also, one of the good things about a lack of MNF games is that you don't have short weeks; and we have played a Miami team on 5 days rest quite a few times over the years.

Although as TigerJ pointed out, it is a bit ridiculous that last year we played a team that was also coming off their bye week after our bye; in addition to 3 rested opponents this year, but IMO there's no evidence to say it's not a coincidence.

If it happens again next year it might be something to talk about.

I've mentioned this in the past.

The NFL could solve this problem easy enough if they wanted to. Send an entire division on bye together and then the next week have division games played for those teams.

It is a serious disadvantage to play teams following their bye weeks. Simple fact, and the Bills have had to play more teams coming off their byes in recent years than anyone else.

I'm not complaining, I'm making a point. How many years in a row does this have to happen before it changes?