Does Josh Allen miss QB Coach Ken Dorsey?

Chaos

12 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The lesson is don't B word about the coordinators; we don't have enough info. as fans to really know what's going on.

I was never a Daboll attacker, nor do I ever complain now about Dorsey.

I am surprised, however, that Daboll is doing such a good job in NY; didn't really expect it.

They've taken care of business in tight games.  They still have 5 games in a tough division.  NFC north has been bad this year and they've played the AFC south which also hasn't been very good.  

They have a very poor passing attack as well.  1500 yards passing through 9 games, with a 10% sack rate.  The team seems to like playing for him - but they're also winning so that makes it more fun.  

Thanksgiving on will be a make or break series of games.  Dallas, philly x2, wash x2, minnesota.  They get detroit and indy at home as well and they cannot afford to lose either.  

They're positioned well to make the playoffs but I don't see washington laying down for them.  Quietly won 4 of 5, and almost knocked off minnesota.  They get Houston, Atlanta and NYG x2.  NFC east probably sends 3 and it SHOULD be philly, NYG, dallas - but i could see Washington making it hard for them especially since they play them twice.  

12 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The lesson is don't B word about the coordinators; we don't have enough info. as fans to really know what's going on.

I was never a Daboll attacker, nor do I ever complain now about Dorsey.

To me, playcalling comes into question if you end up calling plays that stress a weak part of your team, or some facet of your game that is a respective weakness towards the opponent. I think one can argue that the Bills rushing attack is right now a weakness, and calling for more runs only helps if the defense is selling out to stop the pass (i.e. draw plays & sweeps that use speed to find open field).

I believe it's also one thing to design a competent offense, and another to understand:

• What will make a play particularly effective
  • What defensive calls/looks would be best exploited with said play
  • What defensive calls/looks would thwart the play's efficacy (and in tandem, can you offer secondary options/routes that mitigate such matchup issues)?
  • How best to communicate and coach these finer points to your players, so that in specific game situations they understand their role & how to maximize effectiveness

My gut says that Daboll learned a ton from Belichick & Saban about analysis & the fine points of coaching players. We probably undervalued this stuff with him, the amount of time and experience he spent developing his coaching acumen.

So Dorsey's playcalling might be AOK, and execution is probably to blame - but that offensive coordinator has a pretty large hand in the execution side as well, with good preparation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.