Dolphins v Titans...Tape Delay

Thailog80

Why is the game not being shown on saturday on sunday ticket? This is my big gripe here

25757[/snapback]

Any lawyer here? Does DirectTV define "Sunday Ticket" as live game? Maybe those who have Sunday Ticket(including me) should ask for a one-game refund!

I WANT TO SEE HOW FISH GOT NO POINTS "LIVE"!

:)

I am still a little surprised that all they did was move it to Saturday. The ETA for Ivan is supposed to be EARLY Monday, and that seems like cutting it a bit close. (We're talking about dangerous weather here.) I mean, sure, I wouldn't mind seeing the Dolphins getting "blown out" of their own park, but this is ridiculous ...

I am still a little surprised that all they did was move it to Saturday. The ETA for Ivan is supposed to be EARLY Monday, and that seems like cutting it a bit close. (We're talking about dangerous weather here.)  I mean, sure, I wouldn't mind seeing the Dolphins getting "blown out" of their own park, but this is ridiculous ...

25888[/snapback]

I agree 100% PIA. Reschedule it. That's cutting it too damn close.

DirecTV FAQ's:

Q: Which games will I see with NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ from DIRECTV®?

A: NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ consists of regular season Sunday games broadcast at 1 pm and 4 pm EST. However, due to league and network requirements, games broadcast by your local FOX or CBS station will not be available on NFL SUNDAY TICKET™. If your game is not available in the 700-719 channel range, simply switch over to your local FOX or CBS station.

I'm annoyed I won't receive the 'phin's game live... but I guess it is called NFL Sunday Ticket....

Greg Aeillo (sp) from the NFL was on the Dan Patrick show on ESPN Radio and said they cannot show Friday or Saturday games on television, whther network tv or otherwise, due to competition with High School and College football. It goes back to a long standing law from 1961.

stevestojan. I have an 11:30 flight out of Miami in the AM. Wonder if I can get a six oclock or something. Might be hard to rebook, for some silly reason a lot of people seem to be heading north...

26072[/snapback]

Tequila wings next weekend me amigo? :)

Tequila wings next weekend me amigo? :D

26073[/snapback]

I don't know buddy, maybe just the tequila. I'll know better after Sunday.

If I make it that far. I'm flying out of Hurrican alley South Florida on September 11th. Talk about good omens. :)

We gotta get together sometime. Eat tequila wings and tell stories.

I don't know buddy, maybe just the tequila. I'll know better after Sunday.

If I make it that far. I'm flying out of Hurrican alley South Florida on September 11th. Talk about good omens.  :)

We gotta get together sometime. Eat tequila wings and tell stories.

26105[/snapback]

Sounds like a plan. Hope all goes well for you pal. evaculating on 9/11 is freaky stuff.

Sounds like a plan. Hope all goes well for you pal. evaculating on 9/11 is freaky stuff.

26128[/snapback]

Not evacuating, here on work. Got to go back. Since it's your taxpayer dime, have to stick with the itinerary. Plus, I got Sunday Ticket this year. After paying that much I'm watching the Bills game at my place-not some fishy smelling Miami bar. Might meet up with DC Tom and listen to him analyze and explain the tie-ins between quantum physics, Bledsoes delivery, the foundation at the Ralph and commodity prices as they relate to parking revenues.

Those with DTV should call up. I just called them to inquire on the status of the game telecast and told the rep I didn't understand why it would not be on live and was disappointed as I pay a lot for the Sunday Ticket package. He didn't know what the story was, and put me on hold for a few minutes...came back and explained the tape delay, and then offered me 3 months free showtime to compensate for my inconvenience. I wanted the game live, but am satisfied, based on the circumstances, that they quickly offered up the compensation. This is just why I love DTV. Stick it Time Warner (would that ever happen with them?....NOT!)

To those with DTV....give 'em a call.

Those with DTV should call up.  I just called them to inquire on the status of the game telecast and told the rep I didn't understand why it would not be on live and was disappointed as I pay a lot for the Sunday Ticket package.  He didn't know what the story was, and put me on hold for a few minutes...came back and explained the tape delay, and then offered me 3 months free showtime to compensate for my inconvenience.  I wanted the game live, but am satisfied, based on the circumstances, that they quickly offered up the compensation.  This is just why I love DTV.  Stick it Time Warner (would that ever happen with them?....NOT!)

To those with DTV....give 'em a call.

26273[/snapback]

Great plan if they can handle the 3,287 phone calls that hit 2 minutes after your post. :(

I was watching the US Open, and on the commercial they had the 1pm NFL games listed for Sunday. If they were going to replay the Miami/Tenn game, wouldn't they have listed it?