Bills finally sign a Safety: Jared Mayden

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think the Bills consider Cam Lewis a safety, or at least a cross over between DB and safety.   Currently listed as the backup to both NCB Taron Johnson and to S Jordan Poyer.

I think he's backing up Poyer because there wasn't anybody else.  The Bills like versatility in players, but most players have a natural position, and they are not likely to  play as well at a secondary position.  Cam Lewis is on the small side to play safety and I don't think he has any particular traits that help him overcome that lack of size for the safety position. 

22 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

that's frustrating for them. some of these guys come in and make a difference then get kicked to the curb. prince emili had the same thing

i hope they enjoyed their time, though. i'm glad we had them and they served admirably.

I’m sure it’s very difficult. That being said, they know it’s a business. From a dollars stand point, I believe being elevated from PS guarantees 3 game checks at the vet minimum. This means that guys can make more more from a single game active than they’d otherwise wake all year on the PS. It probably stinks having to deal with the uncertainty and tumultuous style of being a fringe NFLer, but I can imagine the $$$ boost makes those transactions easier to swallow. 

EDIT: correction - the three game checks are only if you are signed to active roster. Elevation is only a single game boost to active player pay, yet is still about 3x what they make on the practice squad that week. 

So for Prince Emili, who signed to the active roster Week 3, and then was immediately released following the game, he still gets active game checks for weeks 4 and 5 despite not being on the roster. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.