Slow is smooth...smooth is fast

Long Suffering Fan

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Shakir is more "squatty" than McKenzie in terms of body and as such looks almost more like an RB when he catches the ball and runs with it than a WR. Definitely going to be a YAC monster for us and I can see him starting to take more and more of McKenzie's snaps on offense as the season goes on.

Not because McKenzie isn't a good player...he is.  Just because Shakir has a chance to be special.

Shakir has an interesting build; a “swimmer’s body,” where his torso is longer in proportion to his legs. Most high end athletes, the sprinter types, have longer legs and a shorter torso, this also aids their low center of gravity. Shakir’s build goes against the typical NBA or NFL explosive athlete, but it doesn’t seem to matter.

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

These posts are THE worst.  It’s also a play that we’ve seen Mckenzie make in the past.  You’re talking about one moment of time.  One play.  One time.  

You saw Shakir have a ball go right through his hands and hit him in the shoulder. I think that’s a play you’d see dirty make.  That one time…..  

McKenzie is a seven year pro who's missed similar plays in the past. He's not a bad or dumb player, I just don't see that high level IQ in the heat of the moment I see from Shakir or plenty of other of players.

It's like watching Allen in the pocket after years of Losman, Edwards, or Manual sitting in a pocket for 3 seconds only to get sacked because they're oblivious to what's going on around them. Allen has IT, they didn't.

Shakir has had drop issues in the past as well, that's a valid concern. It was something pointed out in the draft process, he'll make spectacular catches but miss some easy ones.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.