Re-Living the Wall from the 2003 Draft

I was just thinking of this board the day of the 2003 draft. I'll never forget the guy who posted:

"I want to be the first to welcome Kelley Washington to the Buffalo Bills." :doh:

And i'll never forget the COUNTLESS people screaming:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" and "We're Doomed!" When we drafted McGahee.

I especially enjoyed the people who posted before round 2 began:

"Why the hell would we draft an injured RB over Chris Kelsay?!" :doh:

I don't know why I thought of it today, but that was some funny stuff. I'd say Willis turned out alright :D

I remember watching the draft tracker that year. I love it when it is about 5 picks before your team picks and you start thinking about who will be there. I kept thinking someone would take Kelsay but he fell to the Bills. It did not take me long to fall in love with the Mcgahee pick, as my friends kept ribbing me about the pick, but we all know who got the last laugh there. I still run that in my friend's nose. I also should add that part of me wanted Eric Steinbach as I thought he was the best player on the board.

I remember watching the draft tracker that year. I love it when it is about 5 picks before your team picks and you start thinking about who will be there. I kept thinking someone would take Kelsay but he fell to the Bills. It did not take me long to fall in love with the Mcgahee pick, as my friends kept ribbing me about the pick, but we all know who got the last laugh there. I still run that in my friend's nose. I also should add that part of me wanted Eric Steinbach as I thought he was the best player on the board.

338016[/snapback]

I know exactly what you mean!

I've always loved the "sexy pick". That year there wasn't any sexier pick than Willis. He made all this Matt Jones hoopla look like nothing. With what was available at that time, I didn't think there was a better choice to be made. If Michael Haynes or another DE would have fallen, then I would have been upset if we went with Willis. But I couldn't have been happier when we picked him and my family wanted to crucify me.

Hated the pick, still do!!!!!One of the few here who believe TH is a quality starter.

I must confess that if Kelsay would have been the pick there, then good move on TDs part. However, I can not remember if their were quality OL available, would have gone that direction. It must be noted I am one who believe that RBs are almost a dime a dozen, and can be picked up anywhere.

Flame away.