Kids Call Blowhard's Bluff

This ought to be good. The drug-addicted gasbag decided to pick on a bunch of high school kids, assuming that since their curriculum focuses on multiculturalism, they don't know anything about history (in particular WWII).

So the kids offered to debate him on history.

"Maybe he might be a little intimidated because I don't know his basis for saying we don't know anything," Sarah [a sophomore] said. "But I think he might be interested if he wants to live up to his reputation and back up his ideas so he doesn't look stupid."

So far, so response from the Limbaugh camp. I guess they're not used to anyone calling his bluff.

This ought to be good.  The drug-addicted gasbag decided to pick on a bunch of high school kids, assuming that since their curriculum focuses on multiculturalism, they don't know anything about history (in particular WWII).

"Maybe he might be a little intimidated because I don't know his basis for saying we don't know anything," Sarah [a sophomore] said. "But I think he might be interested if he wants to live up to his reputation and back up his ideas so he doesn't look stupid."

So far, so response from the Limbaugh camp.  I guess they're not used to anyone calling his bluff.

336736[/snapback]

Awww...now I don't care what you're wearing. Just ruined the fantasy. Be that way.

This ought to be good.  The drug-addicted gasbag decided to pick on a bunch of high school kids, assuming that since their curriculum focuses on multiculturalism, they don't know anything about history (in particular WWII).

So far, so response from the Limbaugh camp.  I guess they're not used to anyone calling his bluff.

336736[/snapback]

Knowing Rush, he'll probably try to blame the "liberal" media for distorting what he said. What a moron.

I miss the old days, when we used to talk about stuff. Why don't we just get into the dynamics of the M. Jackson trial as they apply to whoever is left on American Idol?

Thirdborn, my friend I'm proud to say, had a long, long thread running for Gus. Another good man even included it into his book, speaking highly of this site. I see a thread with 600 some odd posts, couldn't find one for Gus, so I added one.

Blown off, we must respect TV above all. Who, after all has a mole? That is what is truly important in life.

Kid's? You are going to not be kids forever. Whatever.

yeah, that's it. Media big shots usually take challenges like this and have debates with high school kids. Man, they showed him!!!

yeah, that's it. Media big shots usually take challenges like this and have debates with high school kids.  Man, they showed him!!!

336753[/snapback]

Just what I'd expect. So it's ok for gasbags to denigrate their education and the fact that they're learning about the world outside America (there IS one after all) ... and go unanswered?

People are only supposed to "turn the other cheek" when they disagree with your point of view. If someone attacks your position, thought, it's ok to defend it.

Need I remind you that America exists because people came here to be able to have the freedom to worship and live without being under the heels of oppressors? And the first volleys of our freedom were fired with words, not weapons. These kids are following in the tradition of our forefathers in offering to have a debate that airs BOTH sides of the discussion. Hey - the gasbag could actually "win" the debate.

Being afraid of new ideas and stifling debate is un-American.

Just what I'd expect.  So it's ok for gasbags to denigrate their education and the fact that they're learning about the world outside America (there IS one after all) ... and go unanswered?

People are only supposed to "turn the other cheek" when they disagree with your point of view.  If someone attacks your position, thought, it's ok to defend it.

Need I remind you that America exists because people came here to be able to have the freedom to worship and live without being under the heels of oppressors?  And the first volleys of our freedom were fired with words, not weapons.  These kids are following in the tradition of our forefathers in offering to have a debate that airs BOTH sides of the discussion.  Hey  - the gasbag could actually "win" the debate.

336919[/snapback]

Well, at least you're not being overly dramatic.... :lol:

Just what I'd expect.  So it's ok for gasbags to denigrate their education and the fact that they're learning about the world outside America (there IS one after all) ... and go unanswered?

People are only supposed to "turn the other cheek" when they disagree with your point of view.  If someone attacks your position, thought, it's ok to defend it.

Need I remind you that America exists because people came here to be able to have the freedom to worship and live without being under the heels of oppressors?  And the first volleys of our freedom were fired with words, not weapons.  These kids are following in the tradition of our forefathers in offering to have a debate that airs BOTH sides of the discussion.  Hey  - the gasbag could actually "win" the debate.

336919[/snapback]

Hmmm...

The drug-addicted gasbag decided to pick on a bunch of high school kids, assuming that since their curriculum focuses on multiculturalism, they don't know anything about history

Need I remind you that America exists because people came here to be able to have the freedom to worship and live without being under the heels of oppressors?

Pretty funny, coming from someone whose ideology wont even allow me to string a few Christmas lights across my desk at work.

And on the issue at hand...if they want to "Debate" Limbaugh so bad, why dont they just pick up the telephone and call his show?

If Rush wants to use his bully pulpit to denigrate these kids, he ought to have the balls to respond to the challenge.

Hard to believe anyone would defend that POS blowhard.

337421[/snapback]

It's hard to believe this is a story. I know Limbaugh's an ignorant ass, and I've seen what passes for "history" in high schools these days. Watching a debate between these two would be like...well, frankly, like watching two crap-throwing monkeys...

It's hard to believe this is a story.  I know Limbaugh's an ignorant ass, and I've seen what passes for "history" in high schools these days.  Watching a debate between these two would be like...well, frankly, like watching two crap-throwing monkeys...

337429[/snapback]

Agreed. Not only that, if blowhards like Rush and the rest took time to "debate" every group or person they had a word to say about on the radio....they wouldnt have time to be on the radio!!!!!

Again......just pick up the phone and call his ass. Not everyone who calls in is a "Dittohead". Havent listed to Rush in a while, but from what I recall, he WILL debate a caller to his show.

Agreed. Not only that, if blowhards like Rush and the rest took time to "debate" every group or person they had a word to say about on the radio....they wouldnt have time to be on the radio!!!!!

Again......just pick up the phone and call his ass. Not everyone who calls in is a "Dittohead". Havent listed to Rush in a while, but from what I recall, he WILL debate a caller to his show.

337443[/snapback]

Yeah, right after they get through the call screener - which ensures anyone with any intelligence isn't going to get on.

Poor, poor Rush. Opens his mouth and then (as usual) doesn't have the stones to back it up. Easy to be the winner when you're on the bully pulpit with your trigger finger on the mute button.

Yeah, right after they get through the call screener - which ensures anyone with any intelligence isn't going to get on.

Poor, poor Rush.  Opens his mouth and then (as usual) doesn't have the stones to back it up.  Easy to be the winner when you're on the bully pulpit with your trigger finger on the mute button.

337475[/snapback]

Yup, Rush, O'Reilly, and Hannity are real pieces of work in this regard.

Yup, Rush, O'Reilly, and Hannity are real pieces of work in this regard.

337887[/snapback]

Doesn't matter the political bent. Change the names and faces and they're all pretty much the same. Hence the reason I've pretty much given up cable "news."

Doesn't matter the political bent.  Change the names and faces and they're all pretty much the same.  Hence the reason I've pretty much given up cable "news."

337889[/snapback]

I agree, both sides have blowhards, just pointed out these morons because they usually draw more attention to themselves. The left simply has their work cut out for them to match these three. Not that they are not working on it... :D

Just what I'd expect. So it's ok for gasbags to denigrate their education and the fact that they're learning about the world outside America (there IS one after all) ... and go unanswered?

IT'S A RADIO SHOW - GET OVER IT.

Yes, it is ok for gasbags to do whatever they want - see the first post of this thread for proof.

Since when are you required to debate everyone who wants to debate??