Tarheel Recruiting News

He won't show up until 2006, but ya you are right. Next year is going to be an interesting year to say the least. They return something like 6.1 points/game, and 1 start. Talk about lack of experience.

Roy's not going to win with his recruits. Trust me I know this he coached my alma mater for 15 years.

334913[/snapback]

I have to disagree with you on this one. There is NO WAY the Heels win this year if they have anybody else coaching them. Say what you want about him, but he knows how to motivate kids. Prime example being Rashad McCants. That kid was a bad seed for the first two years at school, but Roy got him to buy into his system. The rest is history.

That whole group were bad seeds.  I will give Roy some props though, he did a great job turning two very selfish basketball players (McCants and Felton) into team players.  That was the biggest thing this year for them.

334928[/snapback]

more moronic statements...i guess i shouldn't be surprised, judging by the source.

Almost as moronic as harrassing someone about losing a loved one huh?

Look in the mirror before you start slinging insults my way buddy.

335367[/snapback]

you just looooove airing your dirty laundry in public, don't you. grow up kid.

That whole group were bad seeds.  I will give Roy some props though, he did a great job turning two very selfish basketball players (McCants and Felton) into team players.  That was the biggest thing this year for them.

334928[/snapback]

How can Felton be selfish when he avg. over 7 assist/gm for his carrer??

I have to disagree with you on this one. There is NO WAY the Heels win this year if they have anybody else coaching them. Say what you want about him, but he knows how to motivate kids. Prime example being Rashad McCants. That kid was a bad seed for the first two years at school, but Roy got him to buy into his system. The rest is history.

334922[/snapback]

He was talking about his recruiting ability more than his coaching.

But I dunno, few teams have had more McD's AA's than Kansas in the last 15 years.

In this case yes. 

My grandfather is about to die as well.  Anything derogatory for me today?

335767[/snapback]

you've got to be kidding me. i'm sure your grandfather would be proud of the context in which you've brought up his suffering.

good job, buddy. keep proving me right.

He was talking about his recruiting ability more than his coaching. 

But I dunno, few teams have had more McD's AA's than Kansas in the last 15 years.

335686[/snapback]

I don't think there is any doubt that Roy could recruit @ KU. Say what you will about his coaching it is not easy to win the National Championship. The fact that he made 4 final fours at KU (?) is a tell tale sign that he was doing something right.

you've got to be kidding me.  i'm sure your grandfather would be proud of the context in which you've brought up his suffering.

good job, buddy.  keep proving me right.

335817[/snapback]

You are such a saint.

I think I'll just ignore from now on, it's easier to do than to have to listen to your drivel on a daily basis.

Roy Williams is a great coach. He finally has the championship to go with his reputation. He was a lot like Dean Smith in how it took him a long time and several Final 4 trips to do it, but they both got it done and now his legacy is secured.

Roy's best KU teams never even went to the Final 4. The 96-97 team was his best and got knocked out early by Arizona who went on to win it all. That shows you how hard it is to win the NCAA.

Roy will do fine at UNC and they are better for having him.