Coming for Pittsburgh Game from San Diego. Need Advice.

SanDiego Bills Fan

Have never posted on TBD, but have read it throughout the entire year for years. Really love it!  Grew up in Buffalo, went to Bills games at the Rockpile with my Dad (Cookie Gilchrist was my favorite).  Even played in high school in a football game in War Memorial Stadium. Went to three out of the four Bills Super Bowls with my Dad (Missed the Washington game, too difficult to get hotels and transportation) but did come in to sit with my Dad for the AFC  Championship against Denver. Unbelievable experience! Better than the Super Bowls! Last time I was at a home game was when they played Dallas (when Princess Dianna died). Have lived in San Diego for the last 40 years but have always been a diehard Bills fan. Thank God for DirecTV which lets me watch all the games (Used to go to a Bills bar but drinking heavily at 9:30 am on a Sunday morning became untenable). As I have now gotten to the ripe old age of 73, I want to come back for a Bills home game one more time (#1 on my bucket list). My Dad and his buddies had season tickets for years in the last row of the Club Level seats (I can still remember how well protected they were), and was thinking of getting tickets in that section, but the prices are so high. Are they worth it? I apologize the length of this post, and appreciate your understanding and patience, and would be grateful for any suggestions for seats and the whole experience. Thank you and GO BILLS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SanDiego Bills Fan said:

Have never posted on TBD, but have read it throughout the entire year for years. Really love it!  Grew up in Buffalo, went to Bills games at the Rockpile with my Dad (Cookie Gilchrist was my favorite).  Even played in high school in a football game in War Memorial Stadium. Went to three out of the four Bills Super Bowls with my Dad (Missed the Washington game, too difficult to get hotels and transportation) but did come in to sit with my Dad for the AFC  Championship against Denver. Unbelievable experience! Better than the Super Bowls! Last time I was at a home game was when they played Dallas (when Princess Dianna died). Have lived in San Diego for the last 40 years but have always been a diehard Bills fan. Thank God for DirecTV which lets me watch all the games (Used to go to a Bills bar but drinking heavily at 9:30 am on a Sunday morning became untenable). As I have now gotten to the ripe old age of 73, I want to come back for a Bills home game one more time (#1 on my bucket list). My Dad and his buddies had season tickets for years in the last row of the Club Level seats (I can still remember how well protected they were), and was thinking of getting tickets in that section, but the prices are so high. Are they worth it? I apologize the length of this post, and appreciate your understanding and patience, and would be grateful for any suggestions for seats and the whole experience. Thank you and GO BILLS.

It may be that the prices are so high right now because the games just got announced.  Waiting a bit may be a good idea.  I looked at prices and doubt they will go up from where they are.

• Agree 1

On 5/14/2022 at 7:51 AM, JDHillFan said:

I’m no spring chicken. It’s a special event for you and you won’t be disappointed if you get the club seats. Just a nicer experience and far less chance of having to deal with nonsense. Have fun!

You're more likely to run into Bills fan celebrities like William Fichner in the clubs, while they are in total Bills fan/non-celebrity mode.

I don't think the clubs offer that much more in luxury. It won't be that cold out for the Steelers game. If you want rain coverage you need to be in row 6 or higher. Bathroom access is a little easier and concessions are a little nicer. But I do most of my eating and drinking pregame.

If you're worried about boorish behavior avoid the cheap seats, but you can still see it, even in the clubs, where drunk Canadians coming in on party buses watch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.