A big thank you to so many posters for keeping me informed about the draft. And some thoughts.

Mojo44

I’ve been a member for a few years now but this is the first thread I’ve started. It’s been some time since I’ve followed college football closely and this has been made worse by the fact that my team, Syracuse, has become an afterthought. I don’t post often, especially during the draft, because I’m not particularly well informed about prospects. Consequently I resort to many posters here who do so much in-depth work on this stuff. This is my first go to stop to catch up on all things Bills and all things draft. I could name a lot of names that would result in me leaving many out. I will put the name of Gunner out there because I think we all appreciate his in depth work. But there are many others for me. And for that, I thank you all. 

Not that I haven’t formed some thoughts of my own about the draft, anyway 😱. Some are actually somewhat informed. Most of them come under the category that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

- With Beane anything can happen. But I would be surprised if they took a DT or edge rusher especially since they picked up Oliver’s 5th year option. 

- A trade up or down is always possible and would not surprise me. But if they stay at 25 I know CB four many is the logical pick. But given that Beane sees only 20 first round grades, if the guy they want isn’t there I think they wait until day two or even day three where  there seem to be a few intriguing prospects.

- WR is certainly a possibility. However by the time pick 25 comes around it seems that the only two left who might have first round grades are Dotson and Burks. In that case absolutely give me Burks. We have enough Smurf slot receivers. He provides a skill set not on the team including elite YAC ability. I also find Pickens intriguing.

- i’m definitely not in the you never take a running back in the first round camp. It’s all contextual. If the Bills feel Hall is the way to go, I’m all for it.

- I’ll close with one sleeper pick. Tarik Carpenter from Georgia Tech. 6’3” 230 lbs. he ran a 4.5 2 40 yard dash and had an 11’ 4” broad jump on his pro day. He played safety in college!! But he’s projected to be an LB in the pros. From what I’ve read he also seems to be a process guy.

Anyway, that’s it. Thank you all again!

Edited by Mojo44
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Mojo44 changed the title to A big thank you to so many posters for keeping me informed about the draft. And some thoughts.
5 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

I’ve been a member for a few years now but this is the first thread I’ve started. It’s been some time since I’ve followed college football closely and this has been made worse by the fact that my team, Syracuse, has become an afterthought. I don’t post often, especially during the draft, because I’m not particularly well informed about prospects. Consequently I resort to many posters here who do so much in-depth work on this stuff. This is my first go to stop to catch up on all things Bills and all things draft. I could name a lot of names that would result in me leaving many out. I will put the name of Gunner out there because I think we all appreciate his in depth work. But there are many others for me. And for that, I thank you all. 

Not that I haven’t formed some thoughts of my own about the draft, anyway 😱. Some are actually somewhat informed. Most of them come under the category that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

- With Beane anything can happen. But I would be surprised if they took a DT or edge rusher especially since they picked up Oliver’s 5th year option. 

- A trade up or down is always possible and would not surprise me. But if they stay at 25 I know CB four many is the logical pick. But given that Beane sees only 20 first round grades, if the guy they want isn’t there I think they wait until day two or even day three where  there seem to be a few intriguing prospects.

- WR is certainly a possibility. However by the time pick 25 comes around it seems that the only two left who might have first round grades are Dotson and Burks. In that case absolutely give me Burks. We have enough Smurf slot receivers. He provides a skill set not on the team including elite YAC ability. I also find Pickens intriguing.

- i’m definitely not in the you never take a running back in the first round camp. It’s all contextual. If the Bills feel Hall is the way to go, I’m all for it.

- I’ll close with one sleeper pick. Tarik Carpenter from Georgia Tech. 6’3” 230 lbs. he ran a 4.5 to 40 yard dash and had an 11’ 4” broad jump on his pro day. He played safety in college!! But he’s projected to be an LB in the pros. From what I’ve read he also seems to be a process guy.

Anyway, that’s it. Thank you all again!

Great post.  Nice contribution.  Another thanks to @GunnerBill. I can only imagine how many hours you’ve spent watching tape. I’ve watched game tape (not highlights) for the last 2 draft prospects. Due to the time involved I only did so fot few wide receivers and Kyler Gordon this years.  It’s a crazy time sink.  

Regarding your talking points, 👍🏻:

- any thing can with Beane.  No doubts.  Due to the possible lack of first round talents on the board @ 25, I can’t help but think Beane will draft Davante Wyatt or David Ojabo.  😳 

- totally agree

-regarding Dotson, Burks or Pickens.  I like all 3 of them in very different ways.  It’s up to our OC to make the best use of them. It’s Burks, Dotson, Pickens in that order for me, eith Watson also ahead of Pickens, barely.  All would be great adds for us imo. 

- who’s Breece Hall?  I thought Jonathan Taylor was the best RB in this draft.  If we go rb first, I hope we trade down.  I’d love to have a top 5 RB. 

- Thanks for the tip on carpenter.  I’ve read about him but I’ll watch some now.  

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.