one more TV show post

I find it a little disturbing that the only two shows I go out of my way to watch -- House and 24 -- are on Fox.

If you start an "Official House" thread I'm sure you'll get a lot of whining about how unrealistic the show is (like on the 24 thread), but it's smart and entertaining. And like you say, House gets some great dialogue.

I watched one episode of that show a couple weeks ago. I think the main character, House, is hysterical. The episode I watched had him doing a speech at the end, and he just blasted his boss in the speech (which he didn't want to do in the first place).

House is a pretty good show. It's getting where most of the shows that my family watches are on FOX.

House is pretty far fetched. They look at someone's fingernails and can diagnose that he has the rare sushu-gamushi fever. Most doctors that I have known have trouble diagnosing a cold.

I don't know about realism.... I like the show, in fact it's the only show I try to actually watch... Otherwise the TV is off the rest of the week...

I like Dr House... yeah he is an a$$, but he's genuine... If I have one beef with the show it's that it doesn't change, I mean every week it's a different weird case - with bizarre symptoms, close to death, they try a few wrong things, but then they figure it out in the nick of time...

It's basically a "technical" soap opera... The other show I want to catch is Numb3rs.... I've never seen it, but I hear it's good.

I don't know about realism....  I like the show, in fact it's the only show I try to actually watch...  Otherwise the TV is off the rest of the week...

I like Dr House...  yeah he is an a$$, but he's genuine...  If I have one beef with the show it's that it doesn't change, I mean every week it's a different weird case - with bizarre symptoms, close to death, they try a few wrong things, but then they figure it out in the nick of time...

It's basically a "technical" soap opera...  The other show I want to catch is Numb3rs....  I've never seen it, but I hear it's good.

328186[/snapback]

Numb3rs is a good show. You should check it out this Friday. Of course, I am a bit of a Math geek myself (like one of the main characters, though not to his level), so it didn't take much for me to like it. Plus, it was created by Tony and Ridley Scott, who have both made some very good movies in the past.

I heard it was a math geek thing...  I was a math major in college...  but I don't even play a mathematician on TV....

Did you ever see Pi?  That was a strange but good movie...

328379[/snapback]

Nope. Never saw that one, but I'll be on the lookout for it.

You were a Math major? So was I. I minored in Secondary Ed. Unfortunately, I didn't finish my degree.

Numb3rs is a good show.  You should check it out this Friday.  Of course, I am a bit of a Math geek myself (like one of the main characters, though not to his level), so it didn't take much for me to like it.  Plus, it was created by Tony and Ridley Scott, who have both made some very good movies in the past.

328350[/snapback]

Tony was a good basketball player at SU. :blink: