Tiebreaker questions

The Red King

Alright, crazy question, what if the Bills catch both the Titans and Chiefs, leading to a three-way tie?  Assuming the losses for the Titans and Chiefs lose in-conference all three would have identical Conference records.

If I'm right, Titans beat both the Bills and Chiefs, and so come out on top.  Bills then beat KC, so they come in second, KC in third?

What if Cinci makes it a four-way tie?  Does Cincy get top based on Conference record, then Titans, Bills and Chiefs for reasons listed above?  Trying to wrap my head around it.

What if NE beats Miami and we lose to the Jets?  How does that play out?  Head-to-Head and division record are tied.  Would it come down to conference record, or common games?

...my head hurts. 🤔

you’re absolutely correct on your first point.  It would be TEN, BUF, KC 1-2-3.  I don’t think the Chiefs will lose both of their last two games, though, unfortunately.

To your last point, it would come down to the 3rd tiebreaker, which is common games.  https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures.

If that is also a tie, it goes to Conference win percentage (gulp).

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

you’re absolutely correct on your first point.  It would be TEN, BUF, KC 1-2-3.  I don’t think the Chiefs will lose both of their last two games, though, unfortunately.

To your last point, it would come down to the 3rd tiebreaker, which is common games.  https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures.

If that is also a tie, it goes to Conference win percentage (gulp).

FWIW in the, "Pats* beat Miami/ Bills lose to Jets" scenario we would lose out on common games.

Bills would have wins against MIA(2), NO, HOU, NYJ, CAR, ATL, for a total of 7 wins. NE* would have wins against MIA, HOU, NYJ(2), CAR, ATL, TENN, JAX for a total of 8.

To the OP, if it becomes a 4 way (it won't, but if it does), it would then be 1 Cincy, 2 Ten, 3 Buf, 4 KC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.