Howard Simon once again proves he's an idiot !

guru

What is with Buffalo's sports media guys wanting to rip Flutie about anything and everything. Today, Howard Simon was totally offbase re: Flutie's comments about helping Tom Brady. He totally ignored the context that Flutie's comments were made in. Flutie made his comments AFTER Belichek had already said that ALL of his quarterbacks could learn from Flutie's experience. Check out Belichek's comments at http://www.patriots.com/news/ then scroll down to the articles titled: "Flutie brings veteran presence" and "Flutie back in the fold".

Now, I wonder if Howard Simon is man enough to admit on the air that he erred in making such a scathing attack on Flutie's comments. :w00t::angry::P:blink::w00t::blink::w00t:

I can't seem to get the article to work, but I really don't think there is much that Tom Brady needs to be learning from little Dougie

As much success as Brady has had, the "Magic Flutie" is still Bean Town's favorite son. And knowing how the genius of Belichik manifests itself on gameday... I have little doubt that Flutie will see action on specifically designed plays for his abilities. This could get real interesting. I have visions of that locker room getting pretty nasty.

How will things wash if the Pats hit a rocky stretch and you look around that locker room, and instead of Troy Brown, Bruschi, Weiss, Crennel, etc. there's the Magic Flutie and Corey Dillon.

I can't seem to get the article to work, but I really don't think there is much that Tom Brady needs to be learning from little Dougie

326233[/snapback]

I revised the link.

As much success as Brady has had, the "Magic Flutie" is still Bean Town's favorite son. This could get real interesting. I have visions of that locker room getting pretty nasty.

326240[/snapback]

Your comment about the locker room getting nasty is total CRAP !!

As much success as Brady has had, the "Magic Flutie" is still Bean Town's favorite son. This could get real interesting. I have visions of that locker room getting pretty nasty.

326240[/snapback]

I give New England fans enough credit to know the difference between REAL accomplishment (3 SB trophies, 2 SB MVP) and media driven feel good stories ("the Pass"). LMAO.

Your comment about the locker room getting nasty is total CRAP !!

326247[/snapback]

Well, pardon me, Guru. But I definitely don't see the cohesiveness that has been the Pats strength during their "dynasty" taking shape in 2005. The fact is they've lost a lot of leadership on the field in addition to 2 talented coordinators on either side of the ball. And... due him or not, Flutie IS a lightning rod for controversy just about everywhere he's gone. I can only imagine what that will be like in Boston.

Well, pardon me, Guru. But I definitely don't see the cohesiveness that has been the Pats strength during their "dynasty" taking shape in 2005. The fact is they've lost a lot of leadership on the field in addition to 2 talented coordinators on either side of the ball. And... due him or not, Flutie IS a lightning rod for controversy just about everywhere he's gone. I can only imagine what that will be like in Boston.

326257[/snapback]

I can picture Dougie saying how if he had been the starter, the Pats would have won the SB by more than three points.

326233[/snapback]

Maybe they signed Flutie, just in case Brady gets in some sort of accident, where he loses both his legs from the knee down, and then has to adjust to life in the NFL as a short QB! :blink: Just a thought...

Seriously, as much as I was never big on Flutie (no pun inteneded), I think anyone who thinks he is going to be a locker room cancer in New England is being silly. Flutie is very PR conscious. He, by most accounts, took losing his job to Brees as a mench. I am sure he is stung by the fact that he has as many detractors in Buffalo as he does supporters.

Beside making cheap short jokes & mullett references, the only complaint that any of us who don't care much for him have, that is based somewhat in non-subjective fact, was the guy was not a team player while in Buffalo. He was overall, pretty successful on the field, but he is that one instance where wins did not win him over with all of the fans.

He was pissed, probably in retrospect, rightfully, at losing his job to Rob Johnson, but he learned from that experience. Brady has 3 SB rings, a much higher win percentage, better career QB rating than Flutie...there is absolutely nothing he can add to Brady's game. IMO, he just wants the opportunity to reahab his somewhat tarnished image, before he hangs it up. What better place is there to do it than New England?

What does New England get out of it? A little good PR, for a team that has lost a lot more than it has gained since winning their latest Super Bowl, and a guy, who, coming off the bench, can still be effective in short spurts! :angry:

What does New England get out of it?  A little good PR, for a team that has lost a lot more than it has gained since winning their latest Super Bowl

326266[/snapback]

Hey, if they suck this year, they can always say "we signed Doug Flutie...cut us some slack."

(I can't decide which is funnier: this thread or the one about the kid with the giant burrito!!)

You know what's amazing? Flutie is like 15 friggin years older than Brady!

326287[/snapback]

TB: "Pop, can I take the car out tonight?"

DF: "Now listen here Junior, you'll get the keys when I say you're good and ready...now go take out the garbage."

Flutie is a good PR guy but that doesn't mean he cant be a problem. DO I think he'll be one in New England....F No! Belichik would cut him in a second if he caused a disturbance. I've said it before and I'll say it again about Flutie, I met(well, encountered) the guy one time and he was a pretty Jerk0ff. Furthermore, I am far from the only person Ive talked to who has a similar story.

What is with  Buffalo's sports media guys wanting to rip Flutie about anything and everything. Today, Howard Simon was totally offbase re: Flutie's comments about helping Tom Brady. He totally ignored the context that Flutie's comments were made in. Flutie made his comments AFTER Belichek had already said that ALL of his quarterbacks could learn from Flutie's experience. Check out Belichek's comments at  http://www.patriots.com/news/  then scroll down to the articles titled: "Flutie brings veteran presence" and "Flutie back in the fold".

Now, I wonder if Howard Simon is man enough to admit on the air that he erred in making such a scathing attack on Flutie's comments. :w00t:  :angry:  :P  :blink:  :w00t:  :blink:  :w00t:

326215[/snapback]

yawn

Flutie is a good PR guy but that doesn't mean he cant be a problem.  DO I think he'll be one in New England....F No!  Belichik would cut him in a second if he caused a disturbance.  I've said it before and I'll say it again about Flutie, I met(well, encountered) the guy one time and he was a pretty Jerk0ff.  Furthermore, I am far from the only person Ive talked to who has a similar story.

326328[/snapback]

I'm sure you've probably posted it here before, but for those of us who haven't heard about it, would you mind elaborating on your encounter with Flutie?

326233[/snapback]

I guess midget boy doesn't think that Brady makes his plays look exciting enough.

Who the F**K cares!!!! The little guy sucks as a QB and Bills fans should only be happy he is with New England. He is, and will always be, a team killer. Like it or not, look at the track record!

326233[/snapback]

You won the argument! Congrats dude. *shakes hand*

Fruitie sure could use a lot of learning, however.

Even Brady didn't hate Drew when he was the starter or backup. He's the personification of class.

I hope whatever can go wrong for the Patriots does go wrong. I would like to see them go 0-16. I would like to see Doug Flutie run over Brady in the parking lot just so Flutie can start. I would like to see the Bills beat the Patriots twice by a combined score of at least 140-0. If the Buffalo media tries to stir up a Pats QB contoversey, good. I encourage them to do so. I hate the Patriots.