THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Stand and Deliver

Shaw66

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And yet, that one throw he made in the 1Q where Jonnu Smith made an incredible circus catch to haul it in - I have to believe that was quite calculated.  It was a shot across Frazier's bow saying "don't sell out to stop the run on us, because next Q when we have the wind, we just might have our boy sling it - and we got the guys who can go up and get it, too."

Aside: it really chaps my ass that we have guys who apparently can't catch a ball that hits them in the numbers or in the wrists, while the Patriots have several "circus act" pass receivers who have been helping Jones out all season.

Belichick doesn't miss much, so I'm sure you're correct - it was a calculated shot across the bow.   I don't that anyone was fooled by it.  Before the half ended, it was completely clear that Belichick didn't want to throw the ball. 

As for the circus catches - someone has to help out Allen once in a while.  He gives them a lot of essentially perfect balls to catch, so he misfires it would be good to see a receiver step up,  As Happy (and others have said), if your team is going to compete at the highest levels, Knox has to catch that ball in the end zone.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.