Damn you Empire!

Being out of the loop down here in Florida, it sucks so bad that Empire is gone! What I wouldn't give to hear Howard Simon now that we are in mini camp season.

Jeff :blink:

325569[/snapback]

There has been something of a delayed response for me with no hockey, but I agree man. Not having FanTV throughout the afternoon hours and Empire Sports Report at dinner is going to make for a looooooooooooooooong preseason. :(

You certainly aren't missing much without Howard Simon. He does the morning show on WGR 550AM and some of the topics from the last two days (Friday & today)were......

Should the NFL ban mini-camps and organized team activities?

Deperate Housewives

American Idol

Great Roadtrips

Who should be Mayor of Buffalo?

Doug Flutie/Rob Johnson

Very little that I heard on the actual Bills Mini-Camp.

A side note, if you live in WNY, Adelphia Channel 13 is showing Classic Sabres Games on Friday Nights for the next five weeks.

Being out of the loop down here in Florida, it sucks so bad that Empire is gone! What I wouldn't give to hear Howard Simon now that we are in mini camp season.

325569[/snapback]

Borrow some of Navy's countless hours of Hulkamania to pass the time. Well that's only if you have 12 years or so of nothing to do.

Speaking of hockey, last Friday I was in Chicago so I decided to take in the White Sox game. Damn, Jose Contreras is a human rain delay, but I digress.

I was standing next to a pillar in the concourse behind home plate for awhile to shield myself from the wind and the 40-degree weather, and got into a conversation with two White Sox fans who were bitching about the general state of incompetence in Chicago sports, and the conversation turned to how Bill Wirtz had destroyed the Blackhawks. (As is my wont when I attend games elsewhere (unless it's a Bills game), I pretended to be a local.) These guys started talking about all the bad deals the Hawks had made -- Larmer to the Rangers, et. al., so I helpfully added, "Yeah and we traded Dominik Hasek too!" :(

They went ballistic. "Oh yeah I forgot about that! Dominik Hasek! Jesus! And we got NOTHING for him too!"

"Stephane Beauregard," I interjected, again just trying to be helpful. :lol:

I think I wrecked their night! :blink:

325569[/snapback]

Not that it's TV, but WGR should be returning to streaming in the coming months.

Have they mentioned this on WGR? That would be great.

325663[/snapback]

It hasn't been mentioned on-air if that's what you mean, but lets just say a little birdie told me.

You certainly aren't missing much without Howard Simon. He does the morning show on WGR 550AM and some of the topics from the last two days (Friday & today)were......

Should the NFL ban mini-camps and organized team activities?

Deperate Housewives

American Idol

Great Roadtrips

Who should be Mayor of Buffalo?

Doug Flutie/Rob Johnson

Very little that I heard on the actual Bills Mini-Camp.

A side note, if you live in WNY, Adelphia Channel 13 is showing Classic Sabres Games on Friday Nights for the next five weeks.

325596[/snapback]

WGR is a frickin joke. It has turned into Oprah for men. Sports are on the back burner for this supposed sports talk station. Good thing they eliminated all of the opposition in Buffalo. :blink: