Heavy is the Head that Wears the (Paper) Crown

otagoyellow

14 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Ya know, a lot of people have said similar things. But that Titans game was a hell of a game. 

I think the loss on the final play was a huge let down for the team more so than the win against KC. 

They are human like us and I have to believe they lost that game and then saw the next four games being MIA/JAX/NYJ/IND (who at the time was lying down at 1-4 I think) and probably thought it is ok we have a stretch to get some easy games. Sadly 2-2 has resulted in a reallyyy tough climb now.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I will be the contrarian here: The "no heart" mantra is weak and unhelpful. Just like there is lazy reporting, there can be lazy takes on message boards. The "no heart" take is easy to throw out, but almost impossible to measure or evaluate. On occasion, you'll see a player, and maybe even a whole unit sort of give up on the field. But really, that is rare, and hard to prove, or disprove. That is the conundrum of all religions, the problem for us human followers is that who of us is worthy to judge another man's heart? Whether that be in their devotion to a God or their dedication on a playing field. We can't. But even in religion, we can judge want another person does or doesn't do.

So I offer a more simple solution, maybe the level of talent and ability is just not there? That can be measured, sometimes by combine drills and stopwatches, and maybe even stats, but most telling are the results on the field.

I don't know about heart, but what I seen over the past four games has been inconsistent play and uneven results on the field. I suspect that is more about a talent deficit at several positions rather than lack of "heart or "want-to", especially when starters are out for COVID and injuries.

Just saying. Go ahead and flame away.

You don't need to be a theologian or psychologist to see a team with no heart.  This is a group of guys that sniffed their own farts and enjoyed the smell and assumed that was enough to win games. 

To your point, i do believe it's possible that the talent simply isn't there.  McD isn't a good enough coach to win games against prepared opponents, and the players lack the skill/motivation to play above their station. 

Oh well, there's always last year

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

You don't need to be a theologian or psychologist to see a team with no heart.  This is a group of guys that sniffed their own farts and enjoyed the smell and assumed that was enough to win games. 

To your point, i do believe it's possible that the talent simply isn't there.  McD isn't a good enough coach to win games against prepared opponents, and the players lack the skill/motivation to play above their station. 

Oh well, there's always last year

There is plenty of talent. Talent beats bad and mediocre teams. Teamwork like the 2020 version beats good teams. We did not have Star or Spencer Brown last year. We were without Milano an awful lot last year. Edmunds missed a couple games last year too. Their response to COVID is telling They are not thinking team first right now. That is partly on McDermott and partly on player leadership.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.