Mark Gaughan: Jerry Hughes remains as critical as ever to Bills' front four

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

i have always been on the concept that you give a player 3 seasons to prove themselves. 

unless it’s THAT obvious 

hell a good # here want Edmonds gone. Oye

Word.

I just look at the number of quality DEs we have and realistically don’t think we can keep them all.  

If, next season, addison can put together another season like he had this year, I hope he’s back.  

I hope Jerry is back.  That’s my dude.  Always.  He’s a leader and a producer.  

Rousseau and Basham will be back and improved.  They aren’t going anywhere.

if we want our best 4 in the rotation, I think those 4 are the best. 

Both efe and Aj have flashed this year, but have been inconsistent.  It’s tough keeping everyone happy when you have 6 legit nfl DEs on the roster, but think McD has has done a solid job keeping all 6 fresh and motivated.  The DL has been solid the majority of the season and is a major reason for our defensive success.  Regardless of how @ScottLawfeels about them and McDs rotation. 

11th in the league with 42 sacks.  one behind the non rotational DEs in cleveland and 5 behind the non rotational DEs in tampa.  We get pressure.  We contain.  We get stops. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Still feel they are missing that one dominar pass rusher…. Though Oliver had emerged as the guy inside. 

who doesn’t want an elite pass rusher?  I don’t think that we one to accomplish our goal.  We can keep drafting DEs and hope that one emerges as elite….but signing a FA to a big contract isn’t likely imo.  If that was our plan, we would have signed one last year when the cap was at its floor.  

we went from a middling D last year to the top D in the league and all we did was watch Ed and Harrison emerge and add Rousseau, Basham, Obada + get star back.  

Nothing changed in the LB room (except Milano being healthy) and the secondary…. Except losing our cornerstone player. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.