Roscoe Parrish combine measurables

I wouldn't be surprised if these were Parrish's stats.

Game 1 - 2 catches for 5 yards 0TD

Game 2- 0 catches

Game 3- 1 catch for 8 yards 0TD

Game 4- 6 catches for 134 yards and 2TD

I don't see him as a consistent production guy (like Moulds). I see him have stretches where is only the decoy for EM and LE. But I see that game... when he dominates and we win because of his playmaking ability.

Or, I don't see Parrish as a guy we can ride to the Superbowl, but if we did make it there, my money would be on him to get MVP of that game.

Ther are two things that I see that make this guy a good pick.

The first is the rule changes regarding the way CBs cover WRs. A smaller guy may have more success now ala some of the little guys Warren Moon used to throw to...

The second is that this is a special teams pick. Last year showed just how important special teams can be. How many games were won by superior special teams? The ST had to rival the offense for points scored last year. It seems like getting a dominant special teams squad is a great way to stop the other team's running game.

I see that David Patten and Troy Brown are 5'10".

Can anyone name a good WR that's 5'9"??

Still looking.

323623[/snapback]

Another 5' 10" guy, also from the U:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235234

Santana Moss

RECEIVING

Year....Team.....G.....GS.....No......Yards.......Avg.......Lg......TD

2001___NYJ___5___0____2_____40_____20___33____0

2002___NYJ__15___3___30____433____14.4__47____4

2003___NYJ__16__12___74___1105____14.9__65___10

2004___NYJ__15__14___45____838____18.6__69____5

TOTAL_______51__29__151___2416____16.0__69___19

Postseason____2___2____8____131____16.4__47___1

Scouts Inc. analysis:

Moss is an extremely elusive and explosive return man and shows the change of direction skills and agility to make tacklers miss in the open field. Has great speed and was a track guy while in school at the University of Miami.

He runs with great technique and shows the ability to outrun most defenders in the open field. Shows good patience and vision. Is an absolute playmaker that shows the ability to go the distance every time that he touches the ball.

He is undersized and fearless so durability is always going to be a concern but he proved last year that he could endure a full NFL season as both a starting receiver and return man.

Street and Smiths: Soft, reliable hands. Will extend his hands and catch the ball out away from his body. Shows good concentration and seldom drops a catchable ball. Adjusts well to the ball in the air.