Nfl pass protection index via the Athletic

22 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Versus Pitt he just seemed off a little and their defense confused him a little. There were a lot of plays to be made.  I didn’t see him getting sacked or rattled by one guy quickly rushing or in his face IMO. 

Yeah, against Pitt I think he was just trying too hard.  First game back in front of the crowd, first game after signing the big contract…there had to have been a lot going on in Josh’s head that day.  He didn’t play horribly, and in fact had better stats than he did against Pitt last year.  He was, as you say, just a bit “off.”  Against Miami he began to break out of it, particularly in the 2nd half, and then we all saw what a relaxed, comfortable-with-himself Josh can do against the WFT.  The OL is an issue but not one Josh can’t deal with.

23 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Versus Pitt he just seemed off a little and their defense confused him a little. There were a lot of plays to be made.  I didn’t see him getting sacked or rattled by one guy quickly rushing or in his face IMO. 

He just looked like a completely different QB vs KC and Pittsburgh than we.had been used to seeing.  One blitzed and confused him.  The other never blitzed and confused him. Either way, the OL was an abomination in each game and our Superman looked to be covered with kryptonite.  

He can overcome.  He’s that good.  I just don’t think there are any QBs able to overcome every game. It’s a lot to ask imo. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I know they don’t plan it this way, and would prefer not to suck, but the extraordinary way Josh handles the rush, the Bills can excel the way they are playing. I mentioned this in my BuffNews fan article this week. 

Allen easily makes the first guy miss almost every time. He gets in trouble when he eludes one guy and the second surprises him from behind. Or he blindly eludes one and turns into a second (which is really the same thing). 

This talent of Josh’s is literally on the same level as his arm talent. It’s insane how easily and often he does it and makes it look. 

If only one guy is getting beat we are fine. When the jailbreaks come we will be in trouble. 

So true. Look at the video on the "Superb Josh Allen analysis by J. T. O'Sullivan" thread. Ford seems beat on every play shown, but Josh just sidesteps the rusher and throws a dime. Even he can't avoid 3+ free rushers but otherwise he makes it look easy indeed. 5 TDs, no INTs in that game...