Should Lamar Jackson’s contract use Josh’s as the floor? Bucky Brooks says, “yes.”

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

From the article:

“Given how his numbers measure up against those of his peers (SEE: fellow member of the 2018 draft class Josh Allen; 89.7 passer rating, 70:32 TD-INT ratio), contract negotiations between the Ravens and their QB1 should be easy. A deal that ranks just above the six-year, $258 million extension Allen inked last month should serve as the floor for Jackson's next contract.”

https://www.nfl.com/news/lamar-jackson-deserves-to-be-one-of-nfl-s-highest-paid-players-how-bears-can-ele

Does this make you think, even more, that the Bills did the right thing by not waiting until season’s end to get the deal with Josh done?  Numbers for elite players go up year after year. If injury or other circumstances were to take the run game away from Jackson, I highly doubt the debate exists. I am glad the Bills do not have this dilemma. 

Absolutely Lamar is probably looking at least 175 million plus guaranteed that contract going to hamstring the Ravens for years Baker probably gets a little less then Josh since he isn’t the same level of player 

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I agree, let them spend as much as they can,  A floor, sure but not much more than that unless unless he at leads gets to a championship game.

And Ravens are lucky they were not embarrassed by the lowly Detroit Lions yesterday so lets see how Lamar does this year.

And yes the Bills did the right thing signing J Allen, now we dont spend the entire seasons debating about his future.

Baltimore fans were talking made ***** about Allen last week about how Allen has been figured out and how Lamar has more passing yards and if Lamar was under 60% passing how the media would be all over Lamar. Fast forward to today and now Allen has more passing yards and a better completion % and a WAY BETTER TD/INT RATIO. People cant wait to put the fork into Josh, which ironically the same thing that Ravens fans cry about regarding Lamar Jackson.  

• Like (+1) 1