Liam Ezekiel

The kid is an exciting prospect, but he has a legal hurdle to overcome! This player slugged a teammate and sent him flying into a sharp object causing 13 stitches! His draft status was greatly influenced by this "little" mishap.

322431[/snapback]

he has a major in criminal justice......I think he knows right from wrong........or how to get away with wrong :angry:

Some more interesting stats on Ezekiel: his combine workout numbers vs. the two highest drafted ILBs, Lofa Tatupu (Seattle, #45 in round 2) and Odel Thurman (Cincinnati, #48 in round 2):

40-Yard Dash

Tatupu-----4.70

Thurman---4.56

Ezekiel-----4.81

Winner: Thurman

20-Yard Dash

Tatupu-----2.79

Thurman---2.75

Ezekiel-----2.78

Winner: Push

10-Yard Dash (IMO, the most important distance measure for an ILB)

Tatupu-----1.68

Thurman---1.71

Ezekiel-----1.62

Winner: Ezekiel

20-Yard Shuttle (another key ILB requirement)

Tatupu-----4.27

Thurman---4.34

Ezekiel-----4.12

3-Cone

Tatupu-----7.68

Thurman---7.09

Ezekiel-----7.27

Winner: Thurman

Vertical Jump

Tatupu-----35'

Thurman---34"

Ezekiel-----34.5"

Winner: Tatupu

Broad Jump

Tatupu-----9'5"

Thurman---9'6"

Ezekiel-----9'10"

225 pound lift

Tatupu-----28

Thurman---24

Ezekiel-----36 (another critical measure of ILB) :angry:

Wonderlic

Tatupu-----29

Thurman---12

Ezekiel-----28

Winner: tie [note: Liam's 28 ranked 4th among the 14 ILBs tested]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line: Ezekiel's measurables are every bit as good, and in a number of cases better, than the top two ILBs drafted this year. Combined with his high production at Northeastern, I'm real excited to see what kind of camp he's going to have.

Bottom line:  Ezekiel's measurables are every bit as good, and in a number of cases better, than the top two ILBs drafted this year.  Combined with his high production at Northeastern, I'm real excited to see what kind of camp he's going to have.

I didn't realize his numbers were that good. I could give a rip about 40-time because he won't be going out on many fly patterns. And he's got the intensity and hunger. Hopefully he can make it in the NFL.

Here's the story from NFL Draft Scout:

Liam is generally a good person, a very hard worker, extemely competitive and a leader by example. He is respected by players and coaches and can take to hard coaching. He is compliant, responsible and until November 2004, had no known off-field trouble. Liam was suspended for the Hofstra contest in 2004 following an incident in practice Thursday, November 11, the Athletics Department announced. The incident culminated when Ezekiel allegedly blindsided kicker Miro Kesic after practice in the locker room, causing him to hit his head on a sharp object, knocking him unconscious. According to reports, this wasn't just a spur of the moment explosion of rage. Liam had time to think about his assault before he went through with it (in a court of law that could be considered premeditated). Kesic was then taken to the hospital where he received thirteen staples to the head. An official from the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center confirmed Kesic was admitted to the emergency room Thursday.

Also, a Department of Public Safety report said a 22-year-old reported being attacked by Ezekiel at Parsons Field. According to reports, during practice NU head coach Rocky Hager was forced to intervene in an on-field argument between Ezekiel and Kesic after the two began to banter back and forth. Ezekiel allegedly commented on the fact that Kesic has blown two games for the team this year by missing field goals. Kesic responded with an expletive and told Ezekiel to stop missing tackles. "It was an on-field scuffle that spilled over into the locker room," Hager said. Hager began working with Ezekiel when he took the helm of the Huskies in February, and said the incident was "totally out of character" for the linebacker.

Hager announced Ezekiel, who has since spoken to his teammates, had been stripped of his captaincy. The coach allowed Ezekiel to see action in the season finale against Rhode Island. ``He deserves to be part of his final day,'' Hager said. I liken taken on a kicker to beating up your kid sister. Let’s pray this kid does not ever play on a team with Martin Gramatica!

I liken taken on a kicker to beating up your kid sister. Let’s pray this kid does not ever play on a team with Martin Gramatica!

322760[/snapback]

Although we'll never know, my hunch is he belted the K and the guy fell into a locker door.

In some ways, Ezekiel's final game partial-suspension reminds me of Steve Tasker's last game as a Bill. The guy who had been a choir boy his whole career gets tossed out of his last NFL game for bumping a ref. Go figure.

Ezekiel allegedly commented on the fact that Kesic has blown two games for the team this year by missing field goals.  Kesic responded with an expletive and told Ezekiel to stop missing tackles.

322760[/snapback]

Wouldn't that be great if he motivated Lindell?!?!? :angry: