Liam Ezekiel

I love what I have read about Ezekial too!

There seem to be few guys like him who play with real passion, real fire and intensity.

I think it was his former NU coach who mentioned him in the same sentence as Butkus and Nietschke! Throwback baby! Grrrrr!

32 reps of 225 is pretty impressive. I do not know about his versatility, but do you think if he got even bigger he could become a defensive end? He certainly seems strong enough and quick enough. Also this would probably compensate for any lack of speed.

32 reps of 225 is pretty impressive. I do not know about his versatility, but do you think if he got even bigger he could become a defensive end? He certainly seems strong enough and quick enough. Also this would probably compensate for any lack of speed.

321872[/snapback]

36 reps of 225 lbs. This guy is one very strong LB. Most linemen don't bench that much

...but do you think if he got even bigger he could become a defensive end?

321872[/snapback]

He's only 6' 1" so that's not a good possibility.

Liam will make the team initially as a ST wildman, with the possibility of being a very good back-up to LF as he gains experience.

A key thing he adds to the back-up LB corps is passion. I just don't get the sense Mario Haggan has much fire in his belly...he seems very low key for a LB. Haggan's only had three (count 'em, three) defensive tackles in his two years as a Bill. Granted, he doesn't get on the field much with LF in front of him, but that's still very low production.

I can totally see this guy making the team and being one of those success stories in the NFL. Not too many "throwback" type of players in the NFL today with people like Drew Rosenhaus infecting the league. This guy will be LF's replacement b/c I believe that this is LF's last year on his contract. LF is not a bad guy to learn from, afterall, he was considered undersized at his position when he came out from a small school.

Here's a great article on him. One quote that stands out that can make you like this guy instantly..

"Obviously, it would be exciting to be drafted, but I am not banking on it," he said. "I'm one of those guys who would play for free if they let me. I just want to get into a camp and show what I can do."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/arti...s_at_nfl_draft/

Let's hope he can get past the Steroid testing.  :P

322076[/snapback]

His agent's a Yale grad (ex. football, too!). I'd hope that he would be smart/ethical enough to not take on a guy on the juice.

http://www.jlsports.net/players_profiles/joelinta.html

He represents Brian Moorman and Ross Tucker on the Bills, so he knows how to work with TD.

The kid is an exciting prospect, but he has a legal hurdle to overcome! This player slugged a teammate and sent him flying into a sharp object causing 13 stitches! His draft status was greatly influenced by this "little" mishap.

The kid is an exciting prospect, but he has a legal hurdle to overcome! This player slugged a teammate and sent him flying into a sharp object causing 13 stitches! His draft status was greatly influenced by this "little" mishap.

322431[/snapback]

I haven't seen any reference to a lawsuit yet...any links you can point to?