Trade: should I do it?

Buftex

I have been offered the following trade:

I give up Logan Thomas (TE-WFT)

I get Robert Tonyan (TE- Green Bay)

Chuba Hubbard (RB- Carolina)

I have Christian McAffery as my #1 RB...but my RB depth drops a pretty considerably after that. If he gets injured, I am screwed...unless Hubbard proves to be a good back-up.

Most "experts" have Logan Thomas ranked as the #7 or 8 tight end for this season.   I would be giving him up for Tonyan, who most rank in the 11-15 range.  I also have Irv Smith (TE-Minnesota) who is somewhere around the same as Tonyan.  Is the possible drop-off in TE talent worth sacrificing for the security blanket (handcuff) that Hubbard could give me?

Am I overthinking this?

17 hours ago, Buftex said:

I have been offered the following trade:

I give up Logan Thomas (TE-WFT)

I get Robert Tonyan (TE- Green Bay)

Chuba Hubbard (RB- Carolina)

I have Christian McAffery as my #1 RB...but my RB depth drops a pretty considerably after that. If he gets injured, I am screwed...unless Hubbard proves to be a good back-up.

Most "experts" have Logan Thomas ranked as the #7 or 8 tight end for this season.   I would be giving him up for Tonyan, who most rank in the 11-15 range.  I also have Irv Smith (TE-Minnesota) who is somewhere around the same as Tonyan.  Is the possible drop-off in TE talent worth sacrificing for the security blanket (handcuff) that Hubbard could give me?

Am I overthinking this?

Thomas and Tonyan are close with Thomas getting the nod.

I won my league last year with CMC and Golladay being 2 of my top 3 picks.  Diggs won me the league.

Unless CMC is hurt early, high probability Hubbard gets dropped by his manager so pick him up off waivers.  Without knowing your other backs it is hard to know.  I think I would keep Thomas (he also helped me win last year after Engram was junk).

10 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Thomas and Tonyan are close with Thomas getting the nod.

I won my league last year with CMC and Golladay being 2 of my top 3 picks.  Diggs won me the league.

Unless CMC is hurt early, high probability Hubbard gets dropped by his manager so pick him up off waivers.  Without knowing your other backs it is hard to know.  I think I would keep Thomas (he also helped me win last year after Engram was junk).

I pulled the trigger on the trade...my running back depth is not great:

Christian McAffrey (Panthers)

Javonte Williams (Broncos)

Kenyan Drake (Raiders)

Tarik Cohen (Bears)

If McAffrey were to miss any time, I would be kinda screwed at the position.  I like the rest of my roster, but as usual, work horse running backs are hard to find.

I got the first pick in the draft...that has happened two other times for me in my league, and both times (Saquaon Barkley and Ezekiel Elliot) , the first pick ended up missing all, or most of the season.  I had intended to pick Hubbard in the 15th round (17 round draft) but somebody two picks ahead of me snatched him...no doubt figuring out my strategy!  I hate having the #1 pick...I prefer somewhere in that 6-9 range!  In a snake draft, you still get two upper echelon players...but with #1, the premium players (especially RB) are gone by the time you get your second pick at #24.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.