Mort chat wrap

Beerball

Jeremy (Staunton): Mort, is the Travis Henry-Eagles deal dead with the drafting of Ryan Moats? Or are the birds planning something big?

Chris Mortensen: I think the Eagles are on a wait-and-see basis. I think they'll want to get a feel for Ryan Moats once they have him in camp and if they are uneasy, I could see them putting something together for Travis Henry.

Joe D. (NYC): Mort, what's with the Bills? I thought when Donohoe came over from Pittsburgh the team was heading back to the early 90s' glory days, now it seems they're mired in mediocrity, especially with what has been labeled by many as a poor draft. What direction do you see this franchise moving in? Thanks!!

Chris Mortensen: Well, first of all Tom Donahoe drafted extremely well since he's been in Buffalo, so I"ll always give them the benefit of the doubt. It was frustrating not being able to move Travis Henry, but you can't ship somebody if you don't have a concrete offer. The Bills showed last season they were coming on strong and I am really, really high on Mike Mullarky as a coach. I'm also among those that believe you have to count J.P. Losman as part of this draft and that is a pretty good get for the 20th pick.

Apparently Mort is a minion for the puppet master. :(

JoeDfrom NYC has selective memory. The Bills were so-so for a while before Butler was canned. Butler's poor choices about those to whom he should extend high priced contracts had left the Bills in cap **ll.

Donahoe gutted the Bills roster of high priced veterans that first year to try and get us quickly out of cap **ll. Donahoe made one huge error in his tenure that has prolonged the rebuilding. That was the hiring of Gregg Williams, who was just not ready for that position. The trade for Bledsoe actually gets a mixed rating if one is honest. His physical limitations were poorly understood and planned for by the GW coaching staff, but the arrival of a big name QB was a brilliant coup from a ticket sales standpoint. Mularkey did a better job of planning around Bledsoe's limitations, but the team finally arrived at the conclusion that there is no logic in paying big bucks for a QB that you have to coddle and game plan around in order to have any chance of winning.

What is your problem with TD. I read you constantly complaining about his performance as GM.

Please remember that when TD took over the Bills were capped out and personnel deficient. This roster has been rid of cap mismanagement issues, rebuilt with excellents players on offense, defense and made the moves to make the special teams, once a laughing stock into the best in football.

Plus, the Bledsoe move generated fan excitement and put butts in the seat and generated more revenue flow.

So, it would be great if you simply shut-up and stop you complaining.

Jeremy (Staunton): Mort, is the Travis Henry-Eagles deal dead with the drafting of Ryan Moats? Or are the birds planning something big?

Chris Mortensen: I think the Eagles are on a wait-and-see basis. I think they'll want to get a feel for Ryan Moats once they have him in camp and if they are uneasy, I could see them putting something together for Travis Henry.

Joe D. (NYC): Mort, what's with the Bills? I thought when Donohoe came over from Pittsburgh the team was heading back to the early 90s' glory days, now it seems they're mired in mediocrity, especially with what has been labeled by many as a poor draft. What direction do you see this franchise moving in? Thanks!!

Chris Mortensen: Well, first of all Tom Donahoe drafted extremely well since he's been in Buffalo, so I"ll always give them the benefit of the doubt. It was frustrating not being able to move Travis Henry, but you can't ship somebody if you don't have a concrete offer. The Bills showed last season they were coming on strong and I am really, really high on Mike Mullarky as a coach. I'm also among those that believe you have to count J.P. Losman as part of this draft and that is a pretty good get for the 20th pick.

Apparently Mort is a minion for the puppet master. :(

321089[/snapback]

That's Bill Gates, silly! :doh:

321387[/snapback]

Gates' is only TDs puppet. you don't actually think microsoft's software, which converts a PC into the equivalent of a toaster, could actually compete with Apple and IBM without a little help?

What is your problem with TD.  I read you constantly complaining about his performance as GM. 

Please remember that when TD took over the Bills were capped out and personnel deficient.  This roster has been rid of cap mismanagement issues, rebuilt with excellents players on offense, defense and made the moves to make the special teams, once a laughing stock into the best in football.

Plus, the Bledsoe move generated fan excitement and put butts in the seat and generated more revenue flow.

321160[/snapback]

ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME! What the fug are you talking about?

I'm afraid you have me confused with someone else. :doh: I posted Mort's quotes about the Bills, and that's it. You seem seriously confused.

If this wasn't the kinder gentler version of TBD I would tell you that you are a d-head. Unfortunately I can't do that in today's environment. :lol:

JoeDfrom NYC has selective memory.  The Bills were so-so for a while before Butler was canned.  Butler's poor choices about those to whom he should extend high priced contracts had left the Bills in cap **ll. 

Donahoe gutted the Bills roster of high priced veterans that first year to try and get us quickly out of cap **ll.  Donahoe made one huge error in his tenure that has prolonged the rebuilding.  That was the hiring of Gregg Williams, who was just not ready for that position.  The trade for Bledsoe actually gets a mixed rating if one is honest.  His physical limitations were poorly understood and planned for by the GW coaching staff, but the arrival of a big name QB was a brilliant coup from a ticket sales standpoint.  Mularkey did a better job of planning around Bledsoe's limitations, but the team finally arrived at the conclusion that there is no logic in paying big bucks for a QB that you have to coddle and game plan around in order to have any chance of winning.

321158[/snapback]

Very true.In fact DB and Flutie were great for ticket sales

What is your problem with TD.  I read you constantly complaining about his performance as GM. 

Please remember that when TD took over the Bills were capped out and personnel deficient.  This roster has been rid of cap mismanagement issues, rebuilt with excellents players on offense, defense and made the moves to make the special teams, once a laughing stock into the best in football.

321160[/snapback]

The way I remember it, Butler's team was 8-8 the year he got canned, and that was only because half the defense (Cowart, Rogers, Carpenter, Winfield) went down with injuries in a game at Tampa Bay, when we were 7-4. The year before, we were 11-5, our best record in the decade since the Superbowl years, and a forward lateral away from a serious Superbowl run. We were in a bad cap situation, but Butler had dealt with worse.

And for the next person who asks why someone doesn't like TD, it's this simple. Four years, no playoffs. I could've and you could've and everyone else on TSW could've done just as well, even better. I'm not saying he won't make it this year, and I have hogh hopes for this year's team, but Donahoe's leash is getting shorter all the time.