Parallels Between the Knicks and Bills Offseasons

On 8/6/2021 at 4:06 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

I think some of you are likely Knicks fans - so you may find these parallels between the Bills and Knicks offseasons intriguing

a. Both franchises had been mired in non-playoff streaks

b. Both franchises have had trouble attracting FAs

c. Both franchises had breakthrough 2020-21 seasons. Bills are a bit ahead - but both beat consensus national expectations comfortably.

d. Both franchises didnt just make the playoffs in 2020-21 - they had home court for the first round.

e. Now the most important parallel - both opted for continuity - Knicks with Burks, Rose, Gibson and Noel and Bills with Milano, Williams, Jones, McKenzie, Boettger, Wallace

f. Both agreed to reasonable extensions with their franchise breakout stars of 2020-21 - Allen and Randle (OK Randle's was probably a steal - Allen's not so much)

Now who is going to be the Bills' " ex-All Star coming of injury in 2021 "Kemba Walker signing - "ex- Pro Bowl coming off injury plagued 2021" Zach Ertz?

(Ha! sneaked Ertz into the post!)

I'm betting on the Sabres having a similar emergence from the pit of hockey despair with the team of GM Kevyn Adams and HC Don Granato. Will "Granadams" be the new McBeane?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1) Well, the Buffalo Bills are the only professional football team in New York State.

2) The Knickerbockers are one of two professional Basketball teams in New York State, 

3) The Bills and Knicks did both out perform what a whole bunch of dip sh-t sports pundits “thought” they would, (I use the word “thought” lightly in this instance).