Moats over Henry???

Easterbrook

Wow, a writer that is finally questioning Philly taking Ryan Moats instead of Travis Henry.  (Scroll down to Philly)

319878[/snapback]

I like his quip in the Cincy section:

Cincinnati: ESPN commentators praised Bengals' first-round pick David Pollack for having a 36-inch vertical jump despite weighing 261 pounds. Yours truly is 52 years old, and let's just say carries a significant fraction of Pollack's weight; the other day I did a 31-inch vertical jump. Shouldn't an NFL first draft choice jump substantially higher than a 52-year-old columnist?

For those too lazy to click on the link-

Philadelphia: If published reports are to be believed, the Eagles passed on trading a third-round draft pick for running back Travis Henry in order to draft running back Ryan Moats. First, Henry is a power back, what the Eagles desperately need, while Moats is a scatback third-down type, the kind of player Philadelphia has too many of already. Second, Henry is an established talent, while Moats is a rookie question mark. Third, rumor had it Philadelphia shied from Henry because of his fumble stats -- one fumble every 46 touches, worse than the NFL running-back average of about one per 60 touches. But Moats fumbled 16 times in his two years as a college upperclassman, dropping the rock once every 33 touches, a red-alert fumble rate. All this is yet more evidence Philadelphia just doesn't get it. You cannot win the Super Bowl without a running game. Please Eagles, find someone who can drag tacklers forward five yards on a consistent basis. The McNabb era won't last forever. Give Donovan a running game to work with!

Interesting...

I thought the NYG one was interesting, too......I wonder how that trade will look in a few years. Hard to believe that it cost the Giants THAT much to swap QBs with the Bolts. SD fleeced the Giants as bad or worse than TD did the Falcons a few years back.

This guy's nailed it, check out the shots he takes at Arizona...

Arizona: In last year's draft, Cardinals coach Dennis Green passed on Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger. The 2004 result was quarterback chaos with three different Arizona starters combining to throw 13 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. In this year's draft, Green passed on Aaron Rodgers. Just a thought here -- quarterback is the most important position in football.

It's about time someone had the balls to not fall over themselves congradulating Dennis Green and the Cards like the ESPN saps. They have Kurt Warner at QB and a midget second round runningback.

Bravo Mr. Easterbrook!!