A Post For Union Haters And Football Fans...

Mmm, gotta love a lenient judge who's in the pockets of the Make-A-Wish people.

There was a story on last night on a RI station where a girl with cancer wanted a swimming pool in her back yard. And the fight was that the neighborhood only allowed in-ground pools. And then they showed the houses --- $500,000 McMansions. I'm not against raising money to fly a kid out to practice w/ their favorite sports team or go to a ballgame, as those costs are nominal. This one drew my ire tho. There are kids w/ cancer who don't have FOOD and they have to give the girl a swimming pool that her parents will then be able to collect on when they sell the house? Uhh, I don't think I'm going to be making a donation to this charity from now on.

There was a story on last night on a RI station where a girl with cancer wanted a swimming pool in her back yard. And the fight was that the neighborhood only allowed in-ground pools. And then they showed the houses --- $500,000 McMansions. I'm not against raising money to fly a kid out to practice w/ their favorite sports team or go to a ballgame, as those costs are nominal. This one drew my ire tho. There are kids w/ cancer who don't have FOOD and they have to give the girl a swimming pool that her parents will then be able to collect on when they sell the house? Uhh, I don't think I'm going to be making a donation to this charity from now on.

318956[/snapback]

Why do I get the feeling there may be more to this story?

318956[/snapback]

I am known to be pro-labor on this board. $3,000.00 may sound like a small amount of money, but it could be going toward a scholarship fund for the children of union members. We are doing something like this right now.

I just hate it whan people are their own worst enemies. :lol:

318956[/snapback]

That's really weird.

I thought that up north swimming pools, inground or not, were detrimental to housing values? You can barely use them but the maintenance is year-round...?