All hopes pinned on Star?

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

You were intending to be charitable with the donuts anyway; maybe would have been best just to give the guy a donut.  

Yeah..... that does not work well with the crazy, violent folks on the street. Trust me on this - especially if you have young kid(s) with you.

I usually would not have even turned around, but I could hear him closing in and like the famous line from Hunter S. Thompson.

image.png.f701cf03c70ec10bc7659d1874b3779c.png

It is easy to presume a lack of empathy from those that live in the urban areas where this is an issue, but it has more to do with survival experience and knowing that the best way to deescalate the crazy is to not engage it in the first place.

I do regularly buy sandwiches and gateraid for a few homeless that hang out near where I live, but they are harmless folks that I have come to recognize.

Wrong forum to do a serious dive into the topic so I will leave it there.

15 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Yeah..... that does not work well with the crazy, violent folks on the street. Trust me on this - especially if you have young kid(s) with you.

I usually would not have even turned around, but I could hear him closing in and like the famous line from Hunter S. Thompson.

image.png.f701cf03c70ec10bc7659d1874b3779c.png

It is easy to presume a lack of empathy from those that live in the urban areas where this is an issue, but it has more to do with survival experience and knowing that the best way to deescalate the crazy is to not engage it in the first place.

I do regularly buy sandwiches and gateraid for a few homeless that hang out near where I live, but they are harmless folks that I have come to recognize.

Wrong forum to do a serious dive into the topic so I will leave it there.

Right, wrong forum.

• Agree 1